looking for headphone stand with a big base or "fat" structure for modding
Jan 10, 2014 at 3:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

dinlo

New Head-Fier
hi, as the title suggest im looking for a headphone stand that could fit something like an 4 / 7 port usb-hub (and if possible, a smaller usb soundcard) in the base or somewhere else

hubs i've looked at:
http://www.targus.com/uk/product_details.asp?sku=ACH115EU
http://www.targus.com/uk/product_details.asp?sku=ACH114EU

if you've seen a stand with such a base please tell me so i can have a look, i dont mind if you have'nt had it hands-on

as this is my first post i hope that i posted it in the right part of the forums and that it comply with all rules

Jan 12, 2014 at 5:36 AM Post #2 of 6
The only think I can think of is to get a stand with a large enough base to velcro/glue a usb hub onto the base. One good option I can think of are the Woo stands, as they are height adjustable to compensate for the hub.

Jan 12, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #3 of 6
JVC VICTOR HP DX-1000 has a matching stand available that has a pretty big base.

Mine measures approx 7" across the bottom, approx 1.5" up till it starts curving, approx 3.5" height, approx 4" across top.

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #4 of 6
I really like that stand even though I don't have the matching headphones.  Any links to buy it online, for some reason google isn't returning much.

Edit - Nevermind, I think I found it, looks like average price is $350.  Guess I can scratch it off my list.

Jan 14, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #5 of 6
  The only think I can think of is to get a stand with a large enough base to velcro/glue a usb hub onto the base. One good option I can think of are the Woo stands, as they are height adjustable to compensate for the hub.

if i could find a large enough wooden base i thought about removing the case of the hub and then making enough space in the base to fit the actual hub

Jan 14, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #6 of 6
  JVC VICTOR HP DX-1000 has a matching stand available that has a pretty big base.

Mine measures approx 7" across the bottom, approx 1.5" up till it starts curving, approx 3.5" height, approx 4" across top.

this looked good, however as robbby said 

Quote:
  Edit - Nevermind, I think I found it, looks like average price is $350.  Guess I can scratch it off my list.

350 is a bit too much for something that might get destroyed while modding

Users who are viewing this thread

Back