Looking for headphone similar in sound to DCA AFO-X with wider sound stage
Sep 24, 2021 at 3:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Dawgfish

1000+ Head-Fier
I love the DCA Aeon Flow-X. It's my favorite headphone to date. I'm looking for something similar in tonality and timbre (warm to neutral-warm with good bass and overall frequency response) but with a wider soundstage. Budget is up to $1000. Thanks!

Sep 25, 2021 at 4:47 PM Post #2 of 3
I love the DCA Aeon Flow-X. It's my favorite headphone to date. I'm looking for something similar in tonality and timbre (warm to neutral-warm with good bass and overall frequency response) but with a wider soundstage. Budget is up to $1000. Thanks!
I've been looking for similar sound signature to complement my Focal Clears (although have not heard the Flow-X)...cycled through 4/5 different cans...just pulled the trigger on ZMFs...ordered the Aeolus. Admittedly the cost is just above 1k, but figure its worth it vs. keep cycling through the other sub $1k cans.

Sep 25, 2021 at 5:27 PM Post #3 of 3
I've been looking for similar sound signature to complement my Focal Clears (although have not heard the Flow-X)...cycled through 4/5 different cans...just pulled the trigger on ZMFs...ordered the Aeolus. Admittedly the cost is just above 1k, but figure its worth it vs. keep cycling through the other sub $1k cans.
Thanks for the reply! I've been intrigued by the ZMFs also. I've been thinking the same thing you have in that it may be worth increasing budget a tad. I also like the high impedance of the ZMF cans and their capability with otl tube amps. That's a definite plus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back