looking for headphone like the sony mdr-v500dj
Apr 18, 2010 at 7:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

brunjoo

New Head-Fier
Hi,

recently i broke my headphone, the sony mdr-v500dj (http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langI d=-1&partNumber=MDRV500DJ#additionalImage1") .
don't know how i did it. i had this one already for several years ( 3 i guess )

It was the best i ever had: flexible, strong, decent sound, strong cable, not too big to wear.

Now i want to buy a new one, kinda like this one. I hope you guys can help me.
but i don't know what types of brands that are really good. i don't like in-ear phones! i listen every day to music with my headphone ( on the street etc... ), so i really want a good one.

what i want:

looks: like the sony, it must show that it is a strong one but it must not be overwhelming. i need to walk with this one. i hope you know what i mean.

sound: decent sound, i guess you pay a lot more for excellent sound. i like to listen to dubstep, hip hop, ... maybe that can help

color: not too flashy ...

price: 100$-150$, price is not the most important thing. i don't want to pay 500$ either
smily_headphones1.gif

thanks!

Apr 19, 2010 at 4:24 PM Post #3 of 4
audio-technica ATH-M50?

It looks very similar to that Sony. Pretty unconspicuous, but still rather handsom in its black no frills functionality.
Concerning your musical preferences it should fit you nicely too. I know I can't listen to dubstep with a headphone that don't have a solidly present bottom end, but the M50 do. It's also well built, very solid, and should be able to handle a little rough treatment.

A second option if you want something that is a little bit more compact, while on other points being quite similar to the M50, is the Sennheiser HD25-1 II.

Apr 20, 2010 at 9:06 AM Post #4 of 4
Thanks for the answer.

i like the sennheiser! the audio technika is a bit 'bombastic' imo. i only wear headphones when i'm walking on the street. i don't use it that much for listening at home.
i'll check some more models, but if you have any more suggestions, let me know!
thanks anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back