Looking for headphone for classical music between $250-$1000
Apr 29, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #16 of 23
I can very well believe it, but I also want to try a different high end route as far as brand.  I love my HE-400 very much, altho I have to admit I am a firm and avid hater of the cable.  As far as I know the 500 also uses SMC connectors, and no clue about the 2 new Hifimans coming out.  I do at least have options like the AKG K7xx, Beyerdynamic seems quite promising, and I'm pretty sure I've read very good things about the Shure SRH1840.  I'd love to go a top end route like the HD800, but that is utterly out of my price range, and Audeze's look beautiful and promising, but I'm not sure I can find one within an affordable range.  There are 2 used HD700 for sale at around 500 currently that I'm aware of, and it seems promising from alot of what I've read.  I will certainly keep the HE-500/560 in mind, especially if the 560 helps move the 500 price down a bit.  I haven't checked tho, has the 560 actually been released?  Or is it still in the pre-order phase.

Apr 30, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #20 of 23
Well, I saw a price that was too good to be true and I bought it.  After tax and shipping, a new HD700 on amazon cost me just over 300.  Here's hoping I don't get an email telling me that it was incorrectly listed and I'll be getting a refund.

Apr 30, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #21 of 23
Well, I saw a price that was too good to be true and I bought it.  After tax and shipping, a new HD700 on amazon cost me just over 300.  Here's hoping I don't get an email telling me that it was incorrectly listed and I'll be getting a refund.

Wow, what are the odds of that? Great buy though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back