looking for headphone amp + DAC with RCA input
Feb 13, 2014 at 4:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

lexterminator

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone, I currently have those headphones Sennheiser HD555, Senneheiser Momentum and Beyer DT990 and I recently bought the Cambridge Audio Dacmagic XS to use with my laptop. With the DT990 (250 ohms) it's sufficient but a bit underpowered.

So I would like to get a more powerful headphone amp for desktop usage along with a DAC to feed in my computer through USB. Also, I would like to have a set or RCA Input to feed a future turntable (that I will output to phono preamp then into the headphone\DAC amp).

Any recommendation of a Headphone\DAC\RCA input ? I looked a bit and it doesnt seem to be that many on the market. The Sennheiser HDVD 800 could be one. There is ADL Esprit as well as Burson Conductor. Any recommendation for a one size fits all box that would be an excellent headphone amp along with good DAC and RCA input ? Thanks !

Feb 14, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #2 of 2
Also looks like the Fostex HP-A8C would do the trick for what I would need. Any thoughts on that one versus the HDVD-800 ? Looking for something that would be paired up for now with Beyer DT990 premium 250 ohms. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back