Looking for headphone amp and dac under 400$
Oct 28, 2015 at 1:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

sloomingbla

500+ Head-Fier
I currently own the Ultrasone signature djs and am looking forward to getting the Fostex th900s within the next year.

I currently have owned the objective o2 amp (never bought a dac before) and although there is a large improvement in soundstage and detail in the djs i feel as though they make the sound too cold (adds a bit to the highs).

About a week ago though the amp broke (thanks to my brother -.-) and i am looking for a replacement, hopefully with a dac to pair with it as well.

I am currently looking for a full sized desktop amp/dac combo under 400$ and my only requirement is that they do well with very sensitive headphones and they don't have more of a "cold" sound. I am considering tube amps, but only suggest what you guys think will suit me best for the money.

Thanks in advance for your help guys ^.^

Oct 28, 2015 at 7:06 PM Post #3 of 4
Try the Asus Essence One Mk. II, possibly the Muses edition. You won't find a better combo device for less than 1500 dollars.

Oct 28, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #4 of 4
Although i can probably raise my budget from 400$, 600$ is probably the max (do want to save money if possible). The cheapest i can find for one of those is 1300$, so not an option. Definitely looks awesome though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back