Looking for Gym Headphones & FLAC player
Oct 19, 2017 at 9:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Jfbhd4

New Head-Fier
First post, thanks for having me.

I am looking for a set of headphones and a flac player. I lift weights, so there isnt a ton of jumping around like if i were running. Looking to spend around $500 on the setup. Open to any ideas. Wireless/wired/Overear/etc.

There is other music going and people talking so noise canceling may be beneficial. Let me know your thoughts!!!

Oct 19, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #4 of 13
Wow, how much do you pick up on the bench ? HEHE! Well for use in sports I think the ideal would be a wireless earphone, I would not particularly like to use a headphone because of sweat.

Oct 19, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #5 of 13
Wow, how much do you pick up on the bench ? HEHE! Well for use in sports I think the ideal would be a wireless earphone, I would not particularly like to use a headphone because of sweat.

Honestly, I dont sweat all that much. Even so, I dont care if they get sweaty. Ill use em till they are too nasty then ill get another pair or have them refurbished (if possible).

Not a huge fan of earbuds, although i have never heard a pair that is better quality than the iphone ones (which suck).

Wireless would be cool if quality is still good. I have a pair of Goldenear Triton towers in my music/theater room which can really rock. Trying to recreate that in a headphone.

Oct 19, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #6 of 13
Honestly, I dont sweat all that much. Even so, I dont care if they get sweaty. Ill use em till they are too nasty then ill get another pair or have them refurbished (if possible).

Not a huge fan of earbuds, although i have never heard a pair that is better quality than the iphone ones (which suck).

Wireless would be cool if quality is still good. I have a pair of Goldenear Triton towers in my music/theater room which can really rock. Trying to recreate that in a headphone.
I never liked to use headphones in the gym, but in the races I liked it, but anyway let's go, there's Beoplay H6, ATH M50X, ATH MRS7, OPPO PM-3, Bowers & Wilkins P7, Sennheiser Momentum 2.0, Bose QuietComfort, V-MODA Crossfade M-100 and so on, some of these headphones have wireless and noise canceling versions, it's worth just taking a look and finding which one suits your taste best.

Oct 19, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #8 of 13
Cool. And do you agree with the PAW5000 MKII ?

obviously i will need to get a player capable of bluetooth if i go that route.

If not, suggestions on player?
I have never used this music player, but I prefer a portable amp / dac, because then I will have the option to watch movies, series, videos among other things with a quality sound, with the music players I would be limited only to listening to music , I may be talking nonsense but this is what I would choose, but there is a music player that caught my attention, it is small, cheap and has energy for 100 hours according to information on the site, the name is Cowon Plenue D.

Oct 19, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #9 of 13
That one looks nice and the price is right.

Right now Im looking at the Momentum and the Cowon. Doesnt look like the cowon has bluetooth so ill have to go wired.

Sound like a good plan? I plan on playing mostly rock like audioslave while i workout. Call me crazy, but i just like german made products. thats why im leaning toward the sennheiser

Oct 19, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #11 of 13
Oct 19, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #12 of 13
the best audio setup for sport would be a pair of bluetooth in-ear, if it is possible with magnets so you can wear them as necklace when not in use, and a smartwatch with gps, heart frequency sensor etc. as source.
not so much smartwatch with audio capabilities (obviously lossy, but for sport and bluetooth it's sure enough) in the last years, idk right now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back