Looking for Grado 225s, living in the uk
Oct 19, 2008 at 5:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Shexbex

New Head-Fier
For some absurd reason, Grados cost twice as much in europe as they do in the US. I've been wanting to buy Grado 225s for a long time, and I saw this deal on ebay that would ship to the uk but it got taken off the day I got my credit card.

Can someone help me out? I'm not looking to spend more than 220 dollars (including shipping). I don't care if they're used (but they need to be in near-perfect condition). Do deals like the one I mentioned above come by a lot? (A person selling grado headphones for their US price and shipping it internationally?)

Thanks!

Oct 19, 2008 at 9:17 PM Post #4 of 8
was a big discussion about this a while back, went into a bit of depth where some suggested it was Grado letting this happen and some suggesting it was the UK Distributor and some suggested it was to give the "exclusive" effect. No one really knows why but as much as I love Grado headphones they should not let this happen. I got quite lucky when I purchased my SR225's this time last year as a power seller on the popular auction site obviously imported a massive bulk off them from the US. They ended up about £10 more than the US price with free UK delivery (from the UK); Grado are quite strict on securing the UK distributor (can't remember the name but I can find out if you wish to write to them) so they keep stopping this, but keep your eye open as they can't always keep up with each power seller coming and going.

Jonathan

Oct 20, 2008 at 10:47 AM Post #6 of 8
Most people are willing to ship to the UK, as others have already mentioned its all about the dreaded UK customs and VAT charges.

If ever there was a foolproof way to illiminate these charges when importing from outside of the EU into the UK I for one would being stuff from Head-Fi on a much more regular basis then I do now.

80% of the audio related items I want are always from outside of the UK or the EU, I always have to take into account the enivitable extra charges which is a real kick in the ballsack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back