Looking for good work out headphones.
Sep 5, 2008 at 2:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Rusky

New Head-Fier
Hi, first post and headphone newbie.

I'm using my ipod earbuds when I workout and they always fall out.

I am looking for ones that are comfortable and don't fall out easily.
I'm thinking wrap around ones would be my best bet.
Volume control would be a nice bonus.
Also I'm trying to keep the price under $50

There are so many out there, I just don't know where to start.

I get Panasonic discounts if they happen to make any good ones.

Just to be clear, sound quality is secondary for me, I need comfort and stability (so they don't fall out when I'm at the gym).

Sep 5, 2008 at 5:26 PM Post #2 of 9
i'd go with skullcandys titan, ink'd. the jbl 220's get good reviews and should be fairly cheap.

none of those are wrap-arounds. Sony makes some wrap-arounds that I use for running on the streets. When at the gym, though, I like IEMS because i never like the music played at the gym...

Sep 5, 2008 at 6:09 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Malux /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'd go with skullcandys titan, ink'd. the jbl 220's get good reviews and should be fairly cheap.

none of those are wrap-arounds. Sony makes some wrap-arounds that I use for running on the streets. When at the gym, though, I like IEMS because i never like the music played at the gym...

Sorry to sound noobish, but what is IEMS? I keep seeing that word but I have no idea what it means.

Sep 5, 2008 at 6:19 PM Post #4 of 9
IEMs are In Ear Monitors. Like Etymotics (ER-6i, ER-4Ps), Ultimate Ears (Super.fi 3, Super.fi 4, Super.fi 5 Pro/EB, Triple.fi 10), Atrio M5/M8, Sleek Audio (SA6), Shures (E2C, E5C, SE530), Westone (UM1, UM2) etc.... I'm probably missing quite a few in that list, but you get the idea.

They fit deeper in your ear then typical ear buds. They give you better isolation for the most part (which is not always a good thing depending on your surroundings) and generally sound better than your typical over the head portable headphones.

They do cost a bit more than the average headphones though.

Sep 5, 2008 at 6:23 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to sound noobish, but what is IEMS? I keep seeing that word but I have no idea what it means.

IEM stands for In Ear Monitors. They are "ear-buds" that go partly into you ear. With a good seal (how well they fit you) you get really good sound with them. I loved mine until I lost them one day.

Sep 7, 2008 at 4:12 PM Post #6 of 9
I updated my 1st post.

Basically I'm looking for comfort and stability, as in I don't want them to fall out when I'm moving around and doing stuff at the gym.

Sounds quality comes second, I'm more than happy with the audio quality of the generic ipod headphones.

So I'm just looking for some more suggestions.

Sep 7, 2008 at 8:34 PM Post #7 of 9
Sep 8, 2008 at 1:58 AM Post #8 of 9
I have the MDR-J011's (a version of the J11G that came with my S203F Walkman) and the MDR-AS20J-they both stay in OK.

Sep 8, 2008 at 2:20 AM Post #9 of 9
koss ksc75?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back