Looking for good sub 300 multi-role headphones
Jun 8, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #16 of 21
Momentums should be more neutral in comparison with M50s. I think SoundMagic HP100's are probably your best bet at 200.

You can read about them here:
http://noblehifi.blogspot.com.ar/2012/10/soundmagic-hp100-review.html

Wow I must say these SoundMagic HP100 sure do sound great (no pun intended). And for 200$,it really might be the winner here... Well thank you really much guys, never thought I'd get so much support.

Okay so if you guys have any other suggestions or know a bit about the SoundMagic HP100 please let me know!

Jun 17, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #18 of 21
Thank you, they do look good. Honestly, I'm really thinking about getting the SoundMagic HP100 but I can't find them in Canada... Any ideas?

Also, Maybe I'd look into small audio AMPs for the Laptop I'll be using them with... Any suggestion for under 100$

Jun 17, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #19 of 21
Thank you, they do look good. Honestly, I'm really thinking about getting the SoundMagic HP100 but I can't find them in Canada... Any ideas?

Also, Maybe I'd look into small audio AMPs for the Laptop I'll be using them with... Any suggestion for under 100$

You should read about:

Fiio E10 (USB DAC + Amp)
Schiit Magni (Amp)

Jun 18, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #20 of 21

You should read about:

Fiio E10 (USB DAC + Amp)
Schiit Magni (Amp)

I love that Shiit.

Serioulsy thogh, I'm at a loss: First of all, I can't get the SoundMagic HP100 in Canada for a competitive price. Second of all, I don't know if I'll need an amp considering I'll be using it while traveling. The Shiit Stack really looks attractive but I'll need to plug the AC in and what benefit would I get ?

Does anyone have an idea where I could get the SoundMagic HP100 close to Quebec, Canada ?

Jun 21, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #21 of 21
  I love that Shiit.

Serioulsy thogh, I'm at a loss: First of all, I can't get the SoundMagic HP100 in Canada for a competitive price. Second of all, I don't know if I'll need an amp considering I'll be using it while traveling. The Shiit Stack really looks attractive but I'll need to plug the AC in and what benefit would I get ?

Does anyone have an idea where I could get the SoundMagic HP100 close to Quebec, Canada ?

if not, it's not the only choice.
There are other very good headphones in this price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back