Looking for good no leakage over-ear headphones
Aug 26, 2013 at 9:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

SoundSearching

New Head-Fier
I'm looking to buy some over-ear headphones. My budget is 360$, but I'd rather pay less than more. I listen to effectively every genre, so I'd like it to have high quality sound all around.

It will be used MOSTLY for my iPod/laptop. I need them to have low/no sound leakage so I can use them in a quiet library. Be very comfortable even after hours of wearing them, don't want my ears to feel hot and sweaty or my head to feel like its in a bear trap.

Thoughts, suggests, recommendations?

Aug 26, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #2 of 7
This would be tough because usually over-ear headphones that isolate well would also get hot more easily. That being said, I can't think of a headphone that stands out as particularly good at isolation. Maybe someone else can help with this. But the best isolation would come from IEMs, and those wouldn't get your ears hot either.

Aug 26, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #3 of 7
Beyerdynamic DT770 comes to mind, though the mids are recessed (moreso on the Pro-80s than on the Pro-250s).  The pads are really comfortable and the clamping force isn't too bad (IMO).

They would benefit from a small amp, though (them plus a FiiO E07k or E17 should still fit comfortably into your budget, though).

Blueangel is right, though, that over-ear closed cans are not going to be the best in terms of keeping your ears from feeling hot.  Open cans are much better, but they would be no good to you in an environment like a library.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back