Looking for good large capacity player.
Mar 8, 2007 at 7:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Lamplighter

New Head-Fier
Hello all- I have a Toshiba S30 which I happen to love but find myself filling it up rather quickly so would like to get a larger capacity player.
I would like something 60GB plus, I have no interest in video so the screen is not a priority, and would prefer it to be as portable as possible.
Just for the record I have been down the iPod route so would prefer something non iPod, if anything just for something different.
This would be strictly for music so do not need anything fancy as far as non music apps go.
I have been doing some searching but figured to ask the experts to see what you guys think !!!
Cheers for any advice !!!

Cheers, LL-

Mar 8, 2007 at 8:14 PM Post #2 of 5
iAudio X5 60GB
iRiver H140/H340

The latter two might be a little constrictive but I've heard that you can mod them with 80GB hard drives.

Mar 8, 2007 at 8:30 PM Post #3 of 5
Iaudio X5 is a damned sexy player though you'll definitely want a remote.

Mar 8, 2007 at 8:49 PM Post #4 of 5
Cheers for the help guys, I did not realise that X5 came in 60GB. It looks to be exactly what I'm after but a question about the battery life;
It states approx. 14 hours but would that apply to even the 60GB player ? I figured the larger player may also have a larger battery and longer life ??
Just wondering.... my Toshiba has not too hot battery life but don't really find it to be an issue so the 14 hours is a wee bit better.

Cheers again, LL-
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 8, 2007 at 8:56 PM Post #5 of 5
You also may want to consider looking at the Zen Vision: M 60gb.

If you're interested in Rockbox, the Toshiba Gigabeat F60 might be worth looking into.

There is also always the option of modding a Zune to hold 80gb too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back