Looking for good isolation portable headphone
Apr 26, 2007 at 3:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

freakmax

500+ Head-Fier
I'm sick of my ER-4S.It's hard to insert in and out.

I'm looking for portable headphones that sound better than the er4s with good isolation.
I will use it outdoor.
Please recommend.
etysmile.gif

Apr 26, 2007 at 3:53 PM Post #2 of 7
A recommendation others like to throw around are the Sennheiser HD25-1. They're portable, isolating and many report excellent sound quality. I have not heard them myself but they're definitely something you should look into.

Apr 26, 2007 at 4:34 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by in_the_membrane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A recommendation others like to throw around are the Sennheiser HD25-1. They're portable, isolating and many report excellent sound quality. I have not heard them myself but they're definitely something you should look into.

I highly recommend them -- they isolate better than any other headphone I've worn, and they sound great. The mids are warm and lovely and the lows are tight and a bit emphasized. The highs are there -- no more, no less -- but nothing special. Very enjoyable headphone and ultra durable, no less.

Apr 26, 2007 at 4:39 PM Post #4 of 7
I third the HD25 as a good-sounding portable headphone, but there is no way I think it sounds better than an ER-4S. I think you're dreaming if you're expecting a sealed, highly-isolating portable headphone that is in the same league as Etys.

Back to the H25 - though portable, it's not really an inconspicious headphone to wear in public. If looks are a factor the ES7 would be a better choice, though from my brief listen I would say that you'd give up a fair amount of isolation by choosing ES7 over HD25.

Apr 26, 2007 at 6:04 PM Post #5 of 7
A third listener in favor of the HD25. Good sound, robust, decent isolation. Some cable noise, so you'll want to route the cable some way that doesn't rub much, and perhaps pin a loop of it to your shirt to help keep it from rubbing and to damp noise from below the loop.

Apr 26, 2007 at 7:07 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Chaos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A third listener in favor of the HD25. Good sound, robust, decent isolation. Some cable noise, so you'll want to route the cable some way that doesn't rub much, and perhaps pin a loop of it to your shirt to help keep it from rubbing and to damp noise from below the loop.

I hope the cable noise is not worst than my er4s.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back