Looking for good IEMs (75$ CAD)
Jan 29, 2014 at 12:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

100+ Head-Fier
Hey there, as the title says, I'm looking for some new IEMs. My last pair, the JVC HA-FX40 were pretty decent but the left earphone just died out earlier today, hence why I'm looking for a replacement (they lasted 4-5 months, just in case anyone was looking at the FX40. Obviously I could've gotten a lemon, but just saying; the cable is thin.)

My budget is 75$ shipped, taxes in, etc. CAD. I'm using a prepaid Visa that I got for Christmas to make the purchase, so I can't purchase from places that don't accept that (eBay.)

-So I'm looking for something with good build quality as I want it to last more than 5 months.
-I'm looking for something that are very comfortable too as these will be worn for long periods of time; this is something the FX40's also lacked (they got sore to wear after awhile.)
-I don't need many accessories to come with the IEMs; I don't need a shirt clip or carrying case or anything. These'll usually be carried in my pocket so no need.
-I don't mind a little microphonics, but obviously as little as possible is preferred. I wear my earphones straight down.
-Obviously I want the best sound quality possible; I value clarity and competency over most other sound characteristics. My main headphones are Sony MDR-V6s, and I love their sound signature, so if I could get something similar that'd be awesome.
- IF a mic could come with the IEMs so I could use it with my phone, that'd be great!
- These will normally be driven by a Nexus 5 smartphone or Samsung Series 5 535U3C laptop; as well as basically anything else so these must be easy to drive.

Thanks guys! If anymore info is needed let me know!

Jan 30, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #2 of 4
Hi,

You should consider Brainwavz S1 and Vsonic VSD1.
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/more-less-vsonic-vsd1-and-vsd1s

Best Luck!

Jan 30, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #4 of 4

II was looking at Joker's list and I like the Brainwavz ProAlpa. How does it compare to those IEMs?

Brainwavz S1 are supposed to be superior and also a bit more expensive. But I haven't read much about ProAlphas to at least give you a sound signature comparison.

As far as I know, Brainwavz S1 have an engaging sound signature with good bass and treble, but also pretty good sound quality. This IEMs are metal made and come with a lot of earpads and a carrying case.

On the other hand, VSD1 are said to be laid back in comparison, but not really laid back indeed, their sound appears to be quite balanced and also slightly V-shaped (Bass and Treble).
VSD1S is even more balanced than VSD1.

Vsonic says that VSD1/VSD1S are 80% of GR07Bass Edition/GR07 (Their Flagships)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back