Looking for good ear buds comparable to AKG K319 or Sennheiser MX880. No IEM please.
Jun 28, 2013 at 9:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

MRK1

100+ Head-Fier
I used the K319 for 3 years, then they broke, so I bought the MX880. Now those crappy MX880 broke too (because of defective volume knob, which is a widespread issue with this model, mine was more defective than others and while at first it only decreased the volume unevenly near the middle, it eventually started making static and now the sound is always uneven). I can return them and exchange them for another pair though, because they are under warranty.

I really like the K319, more than the MX, to the point I repaired them multiple times. Right now I finally got the soldering right, and the repair job is pretty sturdy, but I'm still not comfortable taking them out, and besides, they look pretty bad after the fix (I soldered a new cable at the point where the wires connect to the volume control, but it's noticeably different from the original cable at the other end, and much thicker too because it's an audio cable for PC).

Anyway, do you know of any earbud that is comparable to those two I own? Especially to the K319, which compared to the MX880 have louder, cleared sound with better bass and highs too, and immensely superior build quality (again, they lasted 3 years, and now they still work after replacing the cable, even the little drivers can be taken apart for clean, and they are made in metal, way better than the MX880).

I can't stand those awful IEMs that are all the rage right now, I hope someone would recommend me a good, high quality earbud, because I can't find any comparable one with my limited knowledge. Unfortunately, most of the usually recommended earbuds are impossible to find here, or discontinued (such as the Yuin, or my good old K319).

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back