Looking for good Dac combo.
Feb 7, 2008 at 6:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

strangedaze39

Member of the Trade: HeadCoverage
So far I have a pair of woodied SR-225's, and a little dot II+ with russian tubes and my source being a stock computer card, which is obviously my weak link that HAS to go. Can someone point me in the right direction for a dac to fuse well with my current set up. Price is below 250usd. Thanks everyone for looking, I'm sure you get plenty of these request for help.

Feb 7, 2008 at 10:54 PM Post #2 of 6
Anyone know about Ray-Sammuals or Pacific Audio's stuff both of these guys live close. Other suggestions are welcome. I would like to stay away from a AMP DAC combo since I only need a dac.

Feb 8, 2008 at 4:39 PM Post #3 of 6
Well, Ray Samuels only makes amps, so that takes him out of the running for choosing a DAC
wink.gif

Feb 8, 2008 at 6:02 PM Post #4 of 6
redface.gif
whoops. Thank you for replying to my thread its so hard to get one. I'm still stuck and don't know what to get. Anyone care to let me know what they think ?

Feb 9, 2008 at 3:42 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzjudz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, Ray Samuels only makes amps, so that takes him out of the running for choosing a DAC
wink.gif

Unless he swings for the Predator Amp/DAC combo.

Feb 9, 2008 at 5:17 AM Post #6 of 6
True I was thinking wait the pred. has a dac in it. Anyways my budget went up to 300 possibly 400usd if it's worth the stretch I would really appreciate some feedback on this before I pull the trigger. I also am adding a poll if you could please explain why you chose what you did if not thats fine 2. Thanks to all who replied. Edit: Cant add poll. Anyways I was thinking of these the Keces dac, or most of the dacs from pacificvalue look good. Pacific Valve & Electric Company - DAC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back