looking for good canal phones ~100
Oct 30, 2007 at 5:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

daveyostrow

1000+ Head-Fier
looking for a more minimalist earphone (that does not stick out much) that is also comfortable like the im616. but at the same time id still like to have bass (unlike the im616). so im guessing the er61 and d-jays are out of the question.
is it possible that in ear canal phones just dont have bass?

Oct 30, 2007 at 7:03 PM Post #2 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveyostrow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is it possible that in ear canal phones just dont have bass?

v-moda vibes says in-ears have bass.

Nov 4, 2007 at 4:14 PM Post #11 of 14
The ER-6i is great, excellent sound for the price range. It's very efficient so it works well directly out of an iPod or the like. Bass is very good but probably not what a real bass-head would hope for. I run them out of a small amp most of the time (though it isn't necessary) and I use them more often than my HD 595 now, in part because I really prefer the better bass of the ER-6i. ER tuned the 6i for increased bass as compared to the prior model (http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er6i.aspx). Sound isolation with the foamies is amazing, great for flying. I love 'em. No experience with the d-jays, sorry. Best of luck and happy listening.

Nov 27, 2007 at 6:57 AM Post #13 of 14
about time we're back.
ok so i have tried the er6i and they are not close to the power of the x3.

the only one that came close were the VIBES. great phones that fit better but they are a bit harsh and dont sparkle like the X3's.
the x3s are more intimate phones but they just are not so comfortable... (and dont look so great either).
im thinking the d-jay wont impress me as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back