Looking for good bass headphones that at most are around $200
Oct 8, 2014 at 8:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Socrates138

New Head-Fier
I apologize because I'm sure this question has been asked a million times on here already, but I am looking for good bass headphones. I'm a bit vague myself on what exactly I mean by "good" but what I think I mean is that I don't want headphones that have a very muddy bass and crap mid/highs. What I am asking for specifically is headphones that emphasize bass and are not balanced, but at the same time may have decent quality mids and highs (and a decent soundstage wouldn't hurt either).

These are the headphones I already have:
- Sennheiser 598's
- Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro's 250 ohm.

This is my set up:
- Fiio e7 (DAC)
- Schiit Magni (amp)
- These two things hooked up to computer

The headphones will only ever be used on my desktop computer, I will never take them anywhere else. I do not care how they look, I do not care if they are open or closed. The only thing I care about is sound quality, sound leakage/noise cancelling is completely irrelevant.

As I said I would like to purchase something that is up to around $200 dollars (going over 200 a bit is okay if you think paying a little more is worth it).

Perhaps this will help, maybe not, but I have looked on this thread already 
http://www.head-fi.org/a/the-best-bass-headphones-a-head-fi-wiki
and my DT 990 Pro's are listed as being "Bassy headphones" well I'm looking for headphones that are far more bassy than my DT 990's. My DT 990's have a tight bass presence, but I'm looking for something that has a boom factor, like something you can really feel (idk if that makes sense, just trying to make the point I really want some far more bassy than what I currently have).

The kind of music I will be listening to with these headphones is electronic/progressive house music. If you want a good idea of what I listen to, go look up MrSuicideSheep on YouTube and I am a big fan of his "Taking You Higher (Progressive House Mix)" series.

These are the headphones I have heard that I may be interested in so far, feel free to comment on how these headphones are or recommend different headphones

- JVC HA-MR77X Xtreme Xplosives Headphones
- JVC SZ2000
- Ultrasone PRO 900*

* Yes I know the Pro 900's are $500 but from what I've read they sound like the cream of the crop of what I'm looking for. I've read they have extremely powerful bass but at the same time has great sounding mids and highs and overall just has amazing sound quality despite the very powerful bass. Even though it's $500 I am tempted of getting it if I get a lot of people saying it's absolutely worth paying for even though it's a few hundred more dollars than what I would like to pay. If you do recommend the Pro 900's though I would like to know if my current set up (DAC + amp) can handle the Pro 900's or not.

Thank you so much for any of your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back