Looking for good all-rounders under 330$
Oct 2, 2013 at 7:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

eli12

New Head-Fier
Hi Head-Fi,

It's my first post here, though I've been reading this forum for some time. The problem is: I'm looking for some good neutral playing headphones with a bit warm signature. So the mids are the most important and bass must be present, though not too much. Cans MUST be open, or semi-open, because I'll spend much time with them on my ears. My budget is max 1000zł (~330$). My types are AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium 32/250. I have already listened to AKG, and I must say I enjoyed them, but I didn't listen to Beyers. Hope you guys will figure this out, If any other info is needed, let me know.
Thanks in advance!

EDIT Music genres I listen to mostly are Rock, Blues, Jazz, Metal, Rapcore, a bit of Hip-Hop and a very little of Electronic music(mostly soundtracks from games).

Oct 2, 2013 at 8:42 AM Post #2 of 7
Conflicting information you are giving us here.
metal, rock and hip hop would benefit from a v shaped sound signature, Jazz and blues would do with mids.
The beyers have a very slightly recessed mids so that's not the one for you. If you want neutralish with present bass I'd say HD600.
I do assume you have an amp ready if you already planned for a 250 ohm beyer

Oct 2, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #3 of 7
I have Denon AH-D1100, and they do pretty well with Jazz. Unfortunately Senn HD600 are way of my budget in my country (~400-430$), so no, not Senn's :frowning2: Have you got other propositions?
Yes, I do have an amp, Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-11.

Oct 2, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #5 of 7
Read a few reviews of the Denons that you have, seems to have lots of bass, Beyer would suit you more (less of a shock than HD600 or the MA900) since it does have abit more bass presence.

My headphone style is all about the mids, you're better off waiting to see if other people chime in and can give you a better suggestion

Oct 2, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #7 of 7
Anybody compared Beyerdynamic DT880 premium with AKG K240 MKII? Because this is a tough call, I'd really appreciate an answer.
EDIT
Okay, I decided to buy Beyers. Thanks to kookoo for feedback :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back