Looking for gaming headphones: Sennheiser HD 558 or Beyerdynamic COP?
Nov 23, 2014 at 6:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Night Waddle

New Head-Fier
Like the title says, I'll be looking to get one of these over the holidays and I need some information! Some positional audio would be nice, but I also like bass. I understand the 558s have the positional audio and the COPs have the bass. Exactly how good is the positional audio on the COPs? Only games I play where positional audio is important is perhaps CoD (shut up) and Skyrim (immersion). I'm also leaning toward the COPs because I like the idea of the adjustable valves for the sound you want and since I use a desktop mic (Blue Yeti), I'm afraid the open backs of the HD 558s might leak. The mic will be about a foot away, so someone please inform me whether this would be an issue!

I also understand an amp with the COPs isn't necessary and I don't know much about amps or what I'd need with a HD 558.

Thank ye!

Nov 24, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #2 of 3
Like the title says, I'll be looking to get one of these over the holidays and I need some information! Some positional audio would be nice, but I also like bass. I understand the 558s have the positional audio and the COPs have the bass. Exactly how good is the positional audio on the COPs? Only games I play where positional audio is important is perhaps CoD (shut up) and Skyrim (immersion). I'm also leaning toward the COPs because I like the idea of the adjustable valves for the sound you want and since I use a desktop mic (Blue Yeti), I'm afraid the open backs of the HD 558s might leak. The mic will be about a foot away, so someone please inform me whether this would be an issue!

I also understand an amp with the COPs isn't necessary and I don't know much about amps or what I'd need with a HD 558.

Thank ye!

With the HD558, getting an amplifier is optional, works ok with out one.
But it's a little better with an amplifier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back