Looking for full sized headphones
Jul 30, 2014 at 4:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ionicmuffin

New Head-Fier
I am looking to find a set of headphones that I can use to listen to my music(I know, obviously). Anyway, I am not worried about portability because I will mostly use them in my dorm room, and however I do need them to be closed rather than open back. Now, I do want something with quite a bit of comfort, I would like something that will be no more than about $200 and I prefer accuracy and fullness/richness of the range of sounds. I can go higher if necessary but I would prefer not to. I listen to Linkin Park, Nickelback, Egypt Central, Nine Lashes, Dragon Force, Pillar, Evenessence, Apocalyptica, Thousand Foot Krutch, Hans Zimmer, Mumford and Sons, Michel Jackson and many others like these. I've been looking all over and know almost nothing about headphones, I can tell the difference between a balanced and unbalanced set.

Jul 30, 2014 at 3:02 PM Post #3 of 7
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 32 ohm, just because it would probably cover that wide variety of music better than most other choices.

Jul 31, 2014 at 7:43 AM Post #4 of 7
I'd pick the 880s over the 770s if you dig classical and soundtrack stuff in addition to rock.

Either way, most of th midline Beyer stuff is crazy cheap on amazon right now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back