Looking for Full sized headphone for 200$ or under.
Oct 21, 2015 at 12:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

KleanUpSquad

New Head-Fier
Hello! So I currently use a Logitech g930 (bad choice, but lated me almost 3 years) for my computer and seenheiser ocx685i for my phone (another bad choice. Also its designed for apple not android). My ocx recently died on me, and my g930's are starting to cut off and sound static-y. After doing some research i found a few pairs of headphones but my lack of experience with higher end headphones is non existent. My 1st question is how much quieter are open headphones? (Will i be able to use them when walking outside downtown) and my second question (main) being which headphone would be good for me? (Using it for; gaming (i have a desktop mic), listening to music, and every day general use (if it connects to my phone that would be a bonus. But not manditory). So the ones I've found are: Beyerdynamic 990, Audio technica AD700X / 900x / 500x , seenheiser 558/ 518. Etc. (My price point is around 200 (not too much higher). Any help would GREATLY be apreacheiated!! (And an even bigger bonus would be if i could get it at best buy since i have in store credit, but they dont have alot of decent headphones) Thanks! -Robert UPDATE: I found a pair of akg q701 Quincy Jones on Amazon for 178$. I was wondering if they were also a good contender for my needs.

Oct 24, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #4 of 5
No experience with these, but I'm gonna say you probably don't want to use open headphones outside.  

Also most of these are going to sound much sharper in the treble region than a gaming headphone. Sennheiser 558 is probably the safest bet(less likely to shock you in the treble region) but again I'd only get it if you're using it at home in quiet environment. 

Oct 25, 2015 at 1:09 AM Post #5 of 5
No experience with these, but I'm gonna say you probably don't want to use open headphones outside.  

Also most of these are going to sound much sharper in the treble region than a gaming headphone. Sennheiser 558 is probably the safest bet(less likely to shock you in the treble region) but again I'd only get it if you're using it at home in quiet environment. 

Thanks for the advice. I might just end up getting thoses and a pair of earbuds for my phone. (Ill wait and do some more research) :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back