Looking for full size headphones
Dec 20, 2014 at 9:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

floydstyle

Head-Fier
Hello everyone,
I would like something to replace my Grado SR225i.  The reason why is that I am more and more listening music in the same room as my wife watch tv.  I love my grade but, first I had to replace pads to get them more comfy.  And since the sound leak so much, the wife is always yelling to turn down the volume!

I would like to buy a pair of full size headphone, comfortable (I wear glasses) and my budget is max 500$CAD (probably around 400USD ish).  I listen to a wide range of music from Sarah McLachlan, pink floyd, foo fighters, tool.  I am not bass but would prefer having something more bass compared to my item 262.

After learning the forum, I was going to buy the HD600 but read a couple of times that it leaks sound and the listener would need to be in a separate room.  What about momentums? 
Note that I play my music from my macbook pro or iPhone 6 and can use my if E17 to drive the headphone in case ohm is too high

thank you

Dec 20, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #2 of 6
Hello everyone,
I would like something to replace my Grado SR225i.  The reason why is that I am more and more listening music in the same room as my wife watch tv.  I love my grade but, first I had to replace pads to get them more comfy.  And since the sound leak so much, the wife is always yelling to turn down the volume!

I would like to buy a pair of full size headphone, comfortable (I wear glasses) and my budget is max 500$CAD (probably around 400USD ish).  I listen to a wide range of music from Sarah McLachlan, pink floyd, foo fighters, tool.  I am not bass but would prefer having something more bass compared to my item 262.

After learning the forum, I was going to buy the HD600 but read a couple of times that it leaks sound and the listener would need to be in a separate room.  What about momentums? 
Note that I play my music from my macbook pro or iPhone 6 and can use my if E17 to drive the headphone in case ohm is too high

thank you

Any open headphone would leak a lot.

Dec 20, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #3 of 6
You might want to look into closed headphones. The momentums you mentioned are closed. Other suggestions would be the AKG K550 or Mad Dog by Mr. Speakers.

Dec 21, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #5 of 6
thanks for the tips guys.  I am really tempted to buy the k550 which I can get at 345$CAD in a store in Montreal.  But the momentum are also tempting because I can get em at 30$ less than the k550.  But for the price difference, the AKG seems so much better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back