Looking for Excessive Bass
Jan 30, 2010 at 9:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

Real Maximus

Head-Fier
I am not normally a bass junky, however I am really enjoying the thumping of drums, percussion, and crazy bass guitar runs. I would LOVE to get a list of songs to purchase that has excellent bass production, or musical attack. Right now I am listening to a lot of "Breaking Benjamin". If you can give me a list of DEEP bass, rocking licks, etc I would greatly appreciate it. ALL opinions and suggestions are welcome!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 31, 2010 at 3:04 AM Post #5 of 26
Climbatize by The Prodigy. Wait for it to get in a few minutes, and the weight of the bass guitar is fairly hefty. You might want to check out some of their other stuff and other "big beat" electronic music, because it tends to have fast drum beats with somewhat prominent bass.

Not necessarily heavy bass here, but Black Sabbath's N.I.B. has an interesting bass guitar introduction you should take a listen to. If you don't mind something slow and mellow, Planet Caravan might be worth hearing, as the bass guitar and drums are readily apparent and have fairly good response too.

Yep, NIN patrol is here. Of particular note for bass response in regards to Nine Inch Nails is The Fragile (as an album). In fact, The Fragile as a song is a good starting point, with some heavy bass guitar from the get go. You'll find quite a lot of the drumming and bass guitar rather methodical on this album, but it might be worth looking at. Other notable songs (from a heavy bass guitar perspective) on the album would be Where Is Everybody? and I'm Looking Forward To Joining You Finally.

Jan 31, 2010 at 8:50 AM Post #7 of 26
Some suggestions from a similar thread.

"Boomin' Granny" - Beastie Boys
"Protection" - Massive Attack
"1812 Overture"
"Post" - Björk
"Under The Influence" - Chemical Brothers
"Like This" - X-Excutioners feat. Anike
"Trihedron" - DJ Krush
"Dirty Epic" - Underworld
"4 ton Mantis" - Amon Tobin
"Force of Gravity" - BT
"10 Mile High" - Nine Inch Nails

Jan 31, 2010 at 12:54 PM Post #8 of 26
For some reason, the first album that comes to my mind when talking about excessive bass has always been Public Image Limited's second album (i.e. Metal Box or Second Edition).

Feb 1, 2010 at 12:53 AM Post #10 of 26
Kanye West- 808s and Heartbreak
The whole album has crazy bass but Love Lockdown imparticular pounds

Lil Wayne- Tha Carter 3
Ridicuilous bass throught the album. 3 Peat, Tie My Hands & Playing With Fire I find have the lowest lows on the album.

Feb 1, 2010 at 6:20 PM Post #14 of 26
Blackstar - Definition & Re-definition both have great bass. Both flowing and hitting bass, i've always used both these songs to gauge bass.

Or check out "bass mechanix" they are created for high SPL car audio competitions, you won't find more bass in any commercial music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back