Looking for Entry headphones
Nov 21, 2006 at 2:51 AM Post #16 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davesrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you do a lot of music listening, then the MS-1 is probably better. I'd make sure you buy from a place that has a return policy. That might be one way to audition the MS-1 to see if it's to your liking. Or you might luck out and find a head-fier in your area with a MS-1!

Aw phooie.
frown.gif
Good advice, but unfortunately MS-1 can only be purchased on line.

Hate to say it, but most of us folks who bought MS-1s did so hear un-heard.
cool.gif

An act of faith that fortunately works out for the best for most of us.
600smile.gif

Nov 21, 2006 at 2:53 AM Post #17 of 26
think of it this way....

grado/Alessandro = fantastic music listening, not so great for movies (but better than 20$ cheapos, cetainly....

hd555= not quite as good for music, but still very good. much better for movies though.

hd555 are should be more comfy, but that is a preference (ive tried the 555 on, and it feels good). i think the general consensus is that the 555 is more comfy than the ms1

neither headphone will disappoint you. both are great choices. if you could demo either, or both (idk where you can demo allesandros, though) you would see what everyone means. one isnt really superior to the other.

also, if you listen to classical i would think the 555s might be better than the ms1s here. but again, close call.

Nov 21, 2006 at 3:02 AM Post #18 of 26
MS-1s are cool! They cause you to stomp your feet while sitting on stage listening to rock.
icon10.gif

And swing your arms like the conductor during big classical numbers.....

.....while standing dead center at the podium.
cool.gif

Nov 21, 2006 at 4:02 AM Post #19 of 26
Alright...Ive decided to go with the HD555's do to there all around goodness and comfyness(is that a word?) when I do get them within the next few weeks I keep ya updated on it. Again thanks for your help!!!!!
eggosmile.gif

Nov 21, 2006 at 4:45 AM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hudson77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alright...Ive decided to go with the HD555's do to there all around goodness and comfyness(is that a word?) when I do get them within the next few weeks I keep ya updated on it. Again thanks for your help!!!!!
eggosmile.gif

Congratulations on your choice! I suspect you'll enjoy them immensly!

...and reivaj, don't dispair; We know about the upgraditus bug.....oh yeah! We'll get another shot later!!
biggrin.gif

Nov 25, 2006 at 4:16 AM Post #23 of 26
Just want to say...fantastic choice!!! I got the HD555 about a month or two back as my chosen headphone for entry into the high-fi world (upgraded from my stock iBuds). They are truly great headphones - impressive sound and just as comfy as everyone says (you will quickly forget that they are even on your head).

With my pair, straight out of the box my first impression wasn't exactly "wow" sound quality. So much that the difference to my iBuds was not even distinctly huge. But after a month or so of fairly regular listening, I have got to say that they have really opened up and sound unbelievable. The sound is so clear, detailed and refined. I listened to my Ibuds the other day after several weeks and I was shocked by how muddy and veiled the same music sounded! The difference is certainly very clear now and the HD555 is worth every cent. So, you may want to burn-in your pair for a while to get the true sound quickly (The burn-in sticky is helpful).

Have fun and keep us posted!
600smile.gif

Nov 30, 2006 at 4:07 AM Post #25 of 26
awesome man..im very happy with mine so far. Paired it up with a amp and later on going to get a DAC. So far its brought me alot of joy..love gaming with these. Also they are soooooooo comfortable.

Dec 1, 2006 at 1:29 AM Post #26 of 26
I find them comfortable but they put a tiny bit too much pressure on my jaw(or maybe its the new bottom braces i just got, i dont know). You know of any good songs that sound just awsome on these?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back