Looking for Electricity Enthusiast/Electrician $30USD a month to answer 5 min questions - "casual"
Nov 1, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #2 of 3
Hi all,

I hope this is the right place to post, if not, do direct me and I can remove/edit this post.

I am looking for an electrician/enthusiast, who can teach me concepts through chat (no voice necessary).

It consists of 5-10mins a day, sometimes nothing if I don't have a question.

Questions consist of things like,

-Why is Watt not equal to V x A? Apparently it's not so straightforward.

-If I have a small electronic device with AC adaptor @ 12V and 3A, why wouldn't the wattmeter at the wall say 36W (since 12V x 3A)

-what makes an amp work (bit by bit, not explained all at once of course)

-why does a headphone diaphragm vibrate (what does "driving a headphone" mean)

-why do speakers play louder when I turn up the volume knob

and so on.

I think you guys get the gist.

To explain why I don't want to post on forums, google, etc.,

-Google articles, for some reason on electricity, are extremely wordy. Plus, they sometimes don't even explain the topic to my satisfaction. Sometimes a very specific topic may not have an article.

-Posting on forums is highly unreliable, and have to deal with potentially unreliable opinions

-Hiring a tutor costs a lot of money, and I don't need something that "serious".

It's not for a school course or anything, so you won't have to worry about solving problems at all.

For you, it's great, you can browse head fi, listen to music, and answer some kid's electricity question.

Lastly, my requirements:
-I know people have jobs, families, etc., so you don't necessarily have to answer 100% on time.
-But best if you are available daily to just type in the answers, while you are browsing the web, etc. in your leisure time.
-Do have strong resilience to redundant questions, it takes a while for me to learn something haha.
-Please have a strong background in electricity, it will save us both time since most answers you can answer from memory.
-Best in North America, for time reasons.

Chat tool is WhatsApp, no facebook needed to respect privacy.

Other than that, it should be a steady 30USD per month, without much commitment. Not asking for a resume or anything, that would be too serious, but again please be knowledgeable already as to save us both time.

Thank you very much!
Andy
3 A is the maximum rated current, so 36 Watt will be measured only at highest loads; but Watts are indeed VxA (could not help commenting, not applying to teach, sorry).
I also think you can post your questions on science forums - there are always knowledgeable and willing to help people around.

Nov 1, 2020 at 7:09 PM Post #3 of 3
3 A is the maximum rated current, so 36 Watt will be measured only at highest loads; but Watts are indeed VxA (could not help commenting, not applying to teach, sorry).
I also think you can post your questions on science forums - there are always knowledgeable and willing to help people around.
Hey thanks for the answer. No worries. I think I'm gonna move it to the general discussions, and remove this thread. True, science forums are a great choice, and I'm probably gonna post there. But, I am interested in audio-related science, if that makes sense. But still need to learn the fundamentals, so science forums probably a good place to start too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back