Looking for easy to insert and remove iems
Jul 12, 2022 at 6:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Jikokaiki

New Head-Fier
Hello all, I am looking for some IEMs that are easy to insert and remove. Something that I can just pop in without having to do any ear yanking, twisting,etc. Thinking $200 or less

I currently have Ibasso IT01 and while I like the sound of them, I am tired of fighting to get a good fit. That being said my replacements don't have to be like the IT01, I am not a very picky listener so I am okay with a different sound.

I listen to all genres of music but various styles of rock/metal are my main ones.

I will also mostly be using them on the Hiby R5 if that matters.

So, I was thinking possibly a bullet style. I am not sure how to describe the shape so I will attach a picture, but I have pair of cheap headphones that are perfect expect they don't sound good 😂

I appreciate any suggestions!

Attachments

• IMG_20220707_172917.jpg
    IMG_20220707_172917.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 12, 2022 at 7:17 PM Post #2 of 7
Jul 13, 2022 at 1:14 PM Post #3 of 7
Jul 13, 2022 at 4:04 PM Post #4 of 7
Oh those look like they would work just fine! Do you know how they sound?

I saw etymotic er3xr on drop for $95. Do you happen to know how they compare? I think the E4000 might suit me better but saving money is always nice 😂

I wish I liked the shape of most of the popular iem. The S12 look nice 😭

Many reviewers find the E4000 sound warm and a little bassy, but very comfortable as well. The ER3XR are a little more clear from the triple-flange ear tips, so if you don't mind the extra-deep insertion, they are well worth the price. Also, the ER3XR and ER3SE (less tonal and slightly more clear) are still both $59, but only with these links:

https://www.adorama.com/etyer3xr.html?emailprice=t

https://www.adorama.com/etyer3se.html?emailprice=t

Jul 13, 2022 at 6:04 PM Post #5 of 7
You can do returns for the price of shipping ($12) with the Adorama offer. And the Etys will give you a lot of detail you're probably not getting now. The ER3XR have a small bass boost compared to the ER3SE -- nothing overbearing -- that makes them enjoyable.

Etys can take a little bit of getting used to, because they do go deeper than most, but do try them with all the tips.

I couldn't stand the triple flanges and couldn't get a seal with the double flanges -- but the gray foam tips shape themselves into a great seal and, after the first couple of uses, they're completely comfortable.

Everyone's ears are different...

Jul 14, 2022 at 7:30 AM Post #6 of 7
So far you've got some pretty good recommendations.

HiFiMan RE800 Silver fits in your budget.

Jul 14, 2022 at 11:45 PM Post #7 of 7
Hello all, I am looking for some IEMs that are easy to insert and remove. Something that I can just pop in without having to do any ear yanking, twisting,etc. Thinking $200 or less

I currently have Ibasso IT01 and while I like the sound of them, I am tired of fighting to get a good fit. That being said my replacements don't have to be like the IT01, I am not a very picky listener so I am okay with a different sound.

I listen to all genres of music but various styles of rock/metal are my main ones.

I will also mostly be using them on the Hiby R5 if that matters.

So, I was thinking possibly a bullet style. I am not sure how to describe the shape so I will attach a picture, but I have pair of cheap headphones that are perfect expect they don't sound good 😂

I appreciate any suggestions!

Wonder if it might be the ear tips that are causing these problem instead of the iem your using? I feel finding the right fitting eartip makes a huge difference in getting the right fit. Just something to consider before spending money on new iem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back