Looking for earphones under $50 for trance
Feb 15, 2014 at 5:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

vausham

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I am looking for a good earphone which is in the price range of <$50. I had Yamaha EPH-100 and Sennheiser CX-300 II earlier. Liked Yamaha EPH-100 but not Sennheiser. The voice has very less detailing in Sennheiser and it felt highly overpriced. This time I am short on budget so looking for a optimum ear phone.

The music that I normally listen to is Trance (Mainly Ambient, psychedelic and progressive), some rock (Pink floyd, Anathema, led zeppelin etc.). Details are important to me. The bass should not overpower the music.

I have come back again to Head-fi for some recommendation (last time went with Yamaha EPH-100). I have searched some threads, but am unable to find a latest thread with similar requirement as mine. Please help me out.

Thank you!

Feb 16, 2014 at 11:35 PM Post #4 of 8
Thanks Trickster5596 and liquid04 for the suggestions.

Trickster5596, you are right, I am looking for an in-ear earphone. I like K323 from various reviews. How is the sound separation in the earphone? Also I like the bass to have more depth rather than it dominating the music. Would these fit on that description. I know i am expecting too much from a budget earphone. But still trying to find best match. :)

Feb 16, 2014 at 11:50 PM Post #5 of 8
Thanks Trickster5596 and liquid04 for the suggestions.

Trickster5596, you are right, I am looking for an in-ear earphone. I like K323 from various reviews. How is the sound separation in the earphone? Also I like the bass to have more depth rather than it dominating the music. Would these fit on that description. I know i am expecting too much from a budget earphone. But still trying to find best match.
smily_headphones1.gif

The bass is not overpowering in most cases, but if I try to put on the larger tips, I notice a lot more bass. I find the extra-small size to be much more comfortable anyway. There is not much sound-stage to talk of, but that is of course because these are tiny and go in your ear as opposed to around it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back