Looking for Earphone with detailed bass quality
Jun 26, 2011 at 9:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

yellowFreak

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone.

I am looking for a new pair of earphone which provides me a good amount of bass experience. I've been looking at a few threads with similiar request as mine but a bit aged.

Anyone here who can recommend a pair of earphones for a budget of 100 USD dollars. I live in Denmark, so the prices here are a bit different which is why I am a bit limited to what I can get for my budget.

Another question is if I can look solely on specifications and point out which provides the best detailed bass sound or does specifications differs from companies? The reason why I am asking is that I have noticed ppl recommend earphones as a detailed bass sound but does not exactly follow up with the specifications.

I have been looking at

Sennheiser CX 400-II Precision Price: 64 USD http://www.edbpriser.dk/Product/Details.aspx?pid=526818
Philips SHE9750                        Price: 67 USD http://www.edbpriser.dk/Product/Details.aspx?pid=708774

Jun 26, 2011 at 2:48 PM Post #2 of 20
The sub 100 market is packed with choices, but for what youre looking for, Id say go with anything Meelectronics (range from 15-75$). Shure SE215 has very nice bass and is 100 even, Im looking at getting a set of the monster turbines (105 new, 50 refurbished) which people say have very nice bass. Anything From hippo.

Not sure exactly what youre looking for in terms of frequency charts or something, and it depends largely on what you listen to. 

Jun 26, 2011 at 6:31 PM Post #5 of 20
I listen to whole lot of Electronica, Ambient, House, Drum and Base and various styles of those settings and Rock! However because of my old hobby of watching animes I tend to surf through a mix of vocal females with a touch of high pitch.

But I want to focus at the low frequency, I want the feel of depth and warmth from the bass, or close to it, considering my budget.

I will try look on those products you mentioned but I doubt I can get my hands on Shure or Meelectronics  within Denmark. Monster Turbines in the other hand is possible, unfortunately the prices are extreme.

Basically these are the ones that are available to me  (see link below). I will give you a link to a danish site that gather all internal webstores in Denmark and list up availabilities. However If I went to a hi-fi club store I could probably get in hands of much sturdier earphones, Denon etc...

http://www.edbpriser.dk/Search/Products.aspx?qt=Fql&nf=strmatrix7%3a^%22I-%C3%B8ret+hovedtelefoner+%C2%A40.0000000000%22%24[MultiValSep]^%22%C3%B8reknop+%C2%A40.0000000000%22%24[MultiValSep]%C2%A7specifictaxonomy%3a^%22Lyd|77%2fHeadset+%26+hovedtelefoner|393%2fHovedtelefoner|169%22%24&count=100&s=igeneric4&offset=200&cpath=1-77-393-169

Sry with the textline, looks very suspicious but nothing wrong with it..so if you had to choose one of these at around 500 DKK, which one would you prefer!?

Jun 26, 2011 at 6:38 PM Post #6 of 20
Originally Posted by Majin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Xears Turbo Devices TD III V2 PRO with the discount coupon

Amazing! Looks really neat! These seems to be ones im looking for.

A product from Germany? If so this will be a smooth transaction with shipping.

Oh and what discount coupon... cant find it!? 0.o

Jun 26, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #7 of 20

Quote:
Brainwavz are fantastic under 100...either the M2 or the M3 would be outstanding.

Amazing choice there as well!!! Thank you all!!!

Sweet I am excited!

I think it is gonna be either Brainwavz vs Xears or perhaps even Meelectronics

But if I had to compare the specifications between M2/M3 with Xears Turbo Devices TD III V2 PRO Blackwood, it seems that Xears has better frequency range (frequency 6-28000Hz), however does that mean it has better bass quality than to an earphone of Brainwavz with frequency range of 20-20000Hz.

Currently I vote for Xears but since the body is made of wood, I am a bit worried if it breaks more easily since I want to use my earphones while travelling and perhaps even while running/sport.

Jun 26, 2011 at 7:21 PM Post #8 of 20
discount coupon

KLANGFUZZIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Xears Turbo Devices TD III V2 PRO with the discount coupon

Amazing! Looks really neat! These seems to be ones im looking for.

A product from Germany? If so this will be a smooth transaction with shipping.

Oh and what discount coupon... cant find it!? 0.o

Jun 27, 2011 at 6:39 AM Post #11 of 20
I just wanna say that I have ordered Xears Turbo Devices TD III V2 PRO. Amazing price, only a a bit worried with the wooden body on it but hopefully it will last long enough without getting damaged from humidity and bascially from the weather.

Jul 4, 2011 at 11:00 AM Post #12 of 20
Just a small update!

I just rereceived my in-earphones and I just wanna tell that I am more than happy with these earphones! They are freaking amazing, solid and deep bass!!! ...freaking eargasm! Thank you all for sharing your thoughts and experience!!!

Jul 4, 2011 at 11:24 AM Post #13 of 20
All my listening is pretty much electronic and I find that for 50 USD, the refurb monster turbines have been a great deal. The high's don't extend that well but the combination of forward mids and, what I deem to be tight bass, makes for a great combination for electronic music when walking around and jamming out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back