Looking for early 80's song...
Mar 20, 2003 at 1:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

brent_mr2

100+ Head-Fier
I don't know who it was by or what the title was. All I remember is the some of the lyrics:

"Ain't nobody going to take my pride, ain't nobody going to slow me down, oh no, I got to keep on moving"

It's a very self empowering song and I'd really like to listen to it.

Anyone know which song this is? I did a search on google with no results.

Mar 20, 2003 at 2:33 AM Post #4 of 13
i did that before and put part of the lyrics at google and the song came up with complete lyrics.

Mar 21, 2003 at 3:54 AM Post #5 of 13
I just searched using different parts of the lyrics. At first I thought it was "pride", but then I found out it's "stride". I haven't heard it since it came out so it has long lasting effects
wink.gif

May 4, 2003 at 11:50 PM Post #6 of 13
FINALLY, after TWENTY YEARS!!! I finally heard this song again, even though it played in my head whenever I needed it. Powerful song I guess
wink.gif
It took a while to find it on P2P.

Has this happened to anyone else? A song you loved growing up but forgot the name of it or the artist, then one day stumble onto it. I would have NEVER have found it if it wasn't for the internet.

May 5, 2003 at 1:39 AM Post #7 of 13
All the damn time, thats why KazaaLite!!

May 5, 2003 at 2:06 AM Post #8 of 13
I was about to saw Puff Daddy as I remember hearing the lyrics that sounded like the one your quoted.
wink.gif

May 5, 2003 at 3:04 AM Post #9 of 13
Puff Daddy hasnt had an original thought, ever, That deadly stampede at one of the concerts he promoted, its been done before and done better.

May 5, 2003 at 4:14 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by brent_mr2
"Ain't nobody going to take my pride, ain't nobody going to slow me down, oh no, I got to keep on moving"

You sure that's not:

Ain't nobody gonna break my stride, nobody's gonna slow me down, oh no, oh no, I got to keep on movin'"?
wink.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 5, 2003 at 10:29 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
You sure that's not:

Ain't nobody gonna break my stride, nobody's gonna slow me down, oh no, oh no, I got to keep on movin'"?
wink.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

I always thought it was:

Aintnobodyagoinnabreakamy stride, nobody gonna slow me down....etc.

tongue.gif

May 5, 2003 at 10:53 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by Audio Redneck
I always thought it was:

Aintnobodyagoinnabreakamy stride, nobody gonna slow me down....etc.
tongue.gif

Who is Amy Stride anyway? And why would anyone want to break her in the first place? Dumb song!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back