Looking for earbuds or iems for about $50
Jun 7, 2009 at 10:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

johnnq

New Head-Fier
I purhcased Yuin PK3 heaphones (thanks to this website) and really liked them...until I lost them. I'd like to buy something around the same quality and price. I really don't want to spend more than $60. I would be using these headphones for everything. Music, video games, running, sleeping, etc.

Please throw me a few suggestions so I can research my options.

Thanks

Jun 7, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #2 of 18
Head-Direct has the OK3 on sale for $59.

Jun 7, 2009 at 11:57 PM Post #3 of 18
Nuforce NE-7M ($50+ship)
Head-Direct RE2 ($39)
Soundmagic PL30 ($23)
Altec Lansing UHP336 (Rebranded UE Super.Fi 3) ($35)
UE Metro.fi 200 ($25)
ADDIEM ($35)

I personally find the PL30s the most versatile IEM. Still prefer the pk3 at home for long-term comfort though.

Jun 8, 2009 at 12:16 AM Post #4 of 18
thanks for the suggestions. I forgot to say that I'd like something BETTER than the PK3s in the $40-60 price range or at least the same for a lower price (are there any new earbuds out??).

Jun 8, 2009 at 12:21 AM Post #5 of 18
No, you won't find any true earbuds better than the PK3 at or a bit above that price range. I prefer the sound of my IEMs to the PK3s, especially outside, but not the comfort. Why not get another PK3 if you want earbuds? Otherwise I'd say try one of the IEMs from the list above. Maybe you'll like them. PL30s are nice and cheap, and I find them very comfortable. They're also available in white, black, and gun metal to match your player :p

Jun 8, 2009 at 12:48 AM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, you won't find any true earbuds better than the PK3 at or a bit above that price range. I prefer the sound of my IEMs to the PK3s, especially outside, but not the comfort. Why not get another PK3 if you want earbuds? Otherwise I'd say try one of the IEMs from the list above. Maybe you'll like them. PL30s are nice and cheap, and I find them very comfortable. They're also available in white, black, and gun metal to match your player :p

I know that! haha. I'm open to IEMs as well, but from what I'm reading the PK3s still seem to come on top in the bang/buck area.

Jun 8, 2009 at 12:57 AM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know that! haha. I'm open to IEMs as well, but from what I'm reading the PK3s still seem to come on top in the bang/buck area.

Id say that depends on what your buck is. The NE-7Ms have numerous followers as well in the bang-for-the-buck area. I haven't tried them, but it seems like they would be similar to my NE-8s but with more bass, which is great. I personally always recommend PL30s as bang-for-the-buck since they are 1/2 the price of pk3s and work better in noisy environments (so I consider them more versatile).

Of couse, its always best to have both
beerchug.gif
. It's all up to you.

Jun 8, 2009 at 1:08 AM Post #8 of 18
I'd recommend looking for the Apple DDIEM's. They have very flat, great all around sound. Slightly weak bass, but excellent highs.

Jun 15, 2009 at 1:39 AM Post #9 of 18
From what i've read, PL30s are a good buy for the money. But are there headphones that are in a slightly higher price range that also perform better too? Otherwise I think I'm going with the PL30s.

Jun 15, 2009 at 3:46 AM Post #12 of 18
I've read that the RE2s lose to the NuForce NE-7M's mids highs and comfort. Can anybody attest to that? I think these are the IEMs that may beat the PL30s that I just asked about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back