Looking for ear buds with both clarity and bass. Please help!
Jul 16, 2013 at 3:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Onyx715

New Head-Fier
hello, i need someone to point me in the right direction here. now Im not an audiophile but i know great sound when i hear it. I currently have the Monster DNA ear buds and they work great, the clarity on them is the best ive ever herd to date. now today i bought my girlfriend some UrBeats by beats by dre. I tried them out and the clarity was not there but the bass was there. I love how when i played dubstep on them, the buds were like trembling to the bass. i love the bass but i want my clarity. so my question is, what ear buds for the $0-$200 range can I buy that have both great clarity and great bass? in my clarity I want to be able to hear everything in the song as clear as day, from the vocals, to the drums. With bass, im looking for bass thats in your face, pounding your ear and that tremble too. i love it when you feel the vibration from your ear buds when a bass drop hits, or at the height of a breakdown. so please give me your suggestions, everyone! any and all are welcomed! Also, I listen to Dubstep, Metal, and Hip Hop.

****NOTE: I understand that if youre an audiophile that beats are scum under your feet and that monsters are bad too but dont bash me just because you have some high end music listening device and knowledge.

Jul 16, 2013 at 6:25 AM Post #2 of 9
Do you want exaggerated bass, or a natural amount of bass? Many who say they want bass don't clearly specify if they want extra bass or not. I am curious to see what people suggest. I am satisfied with two low priced IEMs, the Panasonic RPHJE450 and JVC HAFX40. these are under $25 though. While I have a few IEMs, I don't have any over $25 yet(aside from some JVC microdriver ones which I can't use since they are very uncomfortable) but am thinking about getting some more expensive ones if they seem worth the price.  Buying IEMs always seems like a gamble, since even if the sound is great, the fit and comfort might not be good.

Jul 16, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #3 of 9
for sub-$200 IEM, you can look into JVC HA-FXZ100/200. I have never tried the IEM before, but people said they got tons of bass while maintaining clarity. Having triple drivers and one of them is a dedicated sub woofer, they extend quite well into the deep bass.

Jul 18, 2013 at 4:03 AM Post #6 of 9
Monster CAN actually make pretty good headphones and IEMS... Specifically any of the Turbines are the best way to go.

If you check out the interview that Head-Fi did with Noel-Lee, head of Monster Audio, even he'll tell you that the Beats aren't really his "preference". They are for the kids that like "PPPPFPFFFVVVV". Lol

That being said... the Monster Turbine Pro Coppers are really good if you like bass in an IEM. They have excellent bass extension and really nicely with the mid-range too. They are the most "balanced" and honestly... IMO.. the best sounding headphones Monster has produced. I was actually very, very fond of my Turbine Pro Coppers.

Dec 9, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #7 of 9
thanks. i've been eyeing those bad boys for a while, the monster turbine copper pro. i almost got them too but they were already sold by the seller on craigslist. but i've gotten the audio technica MT-AH50s in white. im very satisfied with these for now but im for sure getting the copper pro when i get the money

Dec 9, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #8 of 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back