Looking for Ear Buds, better than Ipod stand issue.
Oct 9, 2007 at 9:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

BlackJack

New Head-Fier
I ordered a set of UE super.fi 5, but they are uncomfortable and have no bass. So, I'm basicly looking for ear buds, unless some has IEM where I can't hear my teeth chattering or breathing. I want some mids, decent highs, but its got to have bass. Even if it's a cheap Five Dollars pair. Any and all suggestions, will be taking seriously. One condition no amp! Most of my Sony have been good, except they break or FALL apart to easily. My Ipod ear buds have split at the interconnect, and I've grown tired of the exposed wires.

Oct 9, 2007 at 11:15 AM Post #3 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackJack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered a set of UE super.fi 5, but they are uncomfortable and have no bass. So, I'm basicly looking for ear buds, unless some has IEM where I can't hear my teeth chattering or breathing. I want some mids, decent highs, but its got to have bass. Even if it's a cheap Five Dollars pair. Any and all suggestions, will be taking seriously. One condition no amp! Most of my Sony have been good, except they break or FALL apart to easily. My Ipod ear buds have split at the interconnect, and I've grown tired of the exposed wires.

Yuin PK3 ($38) or PK2 ($69). Research them here (plenty of thread materials). Available at head-direct.com. You won't be disappointed with either, both are ear buds.

Oct 10, 2007 at 9:49 AM Post #5 of 18
I must have really small ear canals(believe me I switch the connectors, but only tired one foamie). I could get a decent seal on my left ear, but if I moved my jaw, the right would break the seal. At times it felt to much like I had my fingers in my ears. Hearing myself chattering my teeth and breathing. I didn't expect the experiences I got from them at all, with all the great opinions on here about UE's. The build quality is freaking awesome. I may give it another try before I return them.

Oct 10, 2007 at 12:47 PM Post #9 of 18
I Have the Yuin PK2's and love them, but, while balanced nicely, they don't have overhwelming bass. Another earbud option is the V-moda Class M Remix. They have a nice bass extension without rolling off the highs too much. I prefer the V-Modas when I'm listening to rock, and the Yuins for just about everything else.

Oct 10, 2007 at 3:17 PM Post #11 of 18
I really love my PK3's. I listen to them almost every day and if isolation is not an option, they are a great choice. I think they sound better than my X3's which are almost twice the price. Can't go wrong with them.

Oct 11, 2007 at 9:37 AM Post #12 of 18
Okay. I'm a sucker. I'm going for the Yuin PK 1. After reading they can be driven with the Ipod i have; Hopefully, they will serve me as a nice backup. While, I send my precious Grados off for service(I Hope!). Althought, the PK3 are very attractive, since I'm on the cash flow band wagon. I said, " Screw it(famous last words of fools with extra dole)". Pretty soon, I'll be in the looking for, repair and replacement tubes for my Fisher 800-c, HELL. Actually, my most famous last words are, "Cash can be replentished, But a broken heart lasts forever"(LOL).

Thanks for the Advice.

Oct 11, 2007 at 11:36 AM Post #13 of 18
Let me look into my crystal ball....I see an amp in your future. Even a $50 Penguin Caffeine or other inexpensive amp. While the PK1s are fine unamped, you will want to hear the true glory of the PK1s.

Oct 13, 2007 at 1:40 AM Post #14 of 18
LOL! Yeah maybe someday. However, I really like the sound right out of the PK1's. They don't sound as fast as my Grados, but I've only been listening to them for less than an hour. I've had my eye on the penguin c-moy for a very longer time. .....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back