Looking for Durable IEM
Mar 1, 2017 at 11:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Holg

New Head-Fier
I am looking for some durable IEM that will hopefully last quite a bit longer than what I have used in the past.  I've gone through three MEElectronic M9's, one M6, and three of the cheap Panasonic RPHJE120K's in the past few years.  I listen mainly to podcasts so sound quality is less important but they're are worn daily and once a week outside for yard work.  I hated the cord on the M9's and the wrap around feature on the M6 was annoying and the memory wire eventually broke through the rubber and had to be removed.  Of all the headphones I actually think the Panasonic's have been the best deal since they last a decent amount of time for the price.  

Please let me know of any suggestions other than what I have used in the past.  I would like to keep the price under $25 if possible.

Mar 1, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #2 of 5
  I am looking for some durable IEM that will hopefully last quite a bit longer than what I have used in the past.  I've gone through three MEElectronic M9's, one M6, and three of the cheap Panasonic RPHJE120K's in the past few years.  I listen mainly to podcasts so sound quality is less important but they're are worn daily and once a week outside for yard work.  I hated the cord on the M9's and the wrap around feature on the M6 was annoying and the memory wire eventually broke through the rubber and had to be removed.  Of all the headphones I actually think the Panasonic's have been the best deal since they last a decent amount of time for the price.  

Please let me know of any suggestions other than what I have used in the past.  I would like to keep the price under $25 if possible.

You should look at the SoundMAGIC E10 or the VSONIC VSD3S. Both are sell-made and fairly durable, especially the E10. I've had a pair for 4 years and have abused them and they are still in perfect condition. They are built like a tank.

Mar 7, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #4 of 5
Well. for durability, I've accidentally tested a bunch of pioneers in the washing machine several times and they all still work fine. All sony and other big brands are just falling apart by themselves, in comparison, they're just garbage. So, for cheap and durable little earphones, I'd go for Pionneer any day, plus that they also sound good and better than the rest of the same price pack, at least. I've washed these : PIONEER SE-CL711 at least 3 times and no issue. no quality loss and even the microphone is as new.

Mar 7, 2017 at 7:26 PM Post #5 of 5
IMO, and from personal experiences, if you want durable phones, invest. I recommend Shure SE215.

Self-quote from an older thread:
My SE215 took fair amount of beating for years and still alive. Gym, stuffed in pocket, bag, cable pulled by random girl's bag during commute, dropped from my upper bunk bed, stepped on (bare foot), and a lot more incidents :p. They sound decent also.

The only thing i've ever replaced is the cable, twice.

Comfort, check! SQ, check! Durability, proven!!

Panasonic, hmm. I tend to disagree. They don't have that comfort factor, and those cables look flimsy and prone to snap.

If you insist on those <$25, go KZ. Their replacability is off the chart :D. Acceptable sound, okay-ish style, decent cable. Mine didn't pass the washing machine test however :frowning2:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back