Looking for durable, Comfortable, full closed, with bluetooth, headphones upto 200 USD
Jul 30, 2014 at 7:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

WillySurf

New Head-Fier
Hi all

I'm looking for my first real-sound headset 
smily_headphones1.gif

Never had anything of quality but after listening to my friend's Beats-Audio my eyes opened up!
I heard that the Beats are way overpriced for their value but to be honest - I have no clue in that area so I don't know anything else 
confused_face(1).gif

Want to get a good value for money pair for up to 200 USD with the characteristics I described in the title - durable, Comfortable (very important), full closed, with the option for bluetooth (and cabled).

I listen to pretty much everything...

Would love to hear your advices 
atsmile.gif

Thanks a lot!!!

Willy

Jul 30, 2014 at 7:42 AM Post #2 of 7
It's really tough to get a good sounding pair of Bluetooth headphones for only $200. I'd say the Sony MDR-10RBT sounds decent at best BUT is extremely comfortable and full closed. Looks snazzy too.

Other than that it'd be best to get a USED UE9000 or USED Sony MDR-1RBT to name a few I've tried.

Jul 30, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #5 of 7
I've nothing else which ticks all the boxes - you might look at the SoundMAGIC WP10 but they are not bluetooth exactly - you'd be tied to using the little transmitter. This acts as a USB DAC as well as going into any 3.5mm socket (such as on your phone for example).

They're £250 in the UK so might go over your budget too.

Aug 2, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #6 of 7
Thanks a lot!

would you say over-ear is usually more comfortable? 

Would you guys say the quality is reduced when using bluetooth or not necessarily?

I see there are lots of USB to Bluetooth adapters but are there 3.5mm to bluetooth as well (is it usefull at all?)?

Thanks again! you guys are awesome! :)

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #7 of 7
Unless you are using aptx, bluetooth is lossy, like mp3. It compresses the audio to transmit in a way that loses sound quality. Aptx is supposed to be pretty good (I have not heard it). But it's not on all bluetooth devices, and it's not compatible with everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back