Looking for DNLA, Airplay and MQA wireless DAC or receiver/streamer
Mar 12, 2019 at 11:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

iridium7777

100+ Head-Fier
currently i'm streaming music from my mac/audirovana through a DNLA connection to my AK Kann that is then piped to a regular receiver running my home speakers. I'm having DNLA issues with KANN and wanted to replace it with a different system.

I'm having a hard time finding any MQA/DNLA streamers that aren't 2K.

i was wondering if someone could either suggest a wireless DAC that i can DNLA/Airplay into with MQA capability that i could then plug into my receiver or all in one system that would be closer to 500$.

thanks

Mar 12, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #2 of 5
Hi,

Please see this thread:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tunebox-2-possibly-the-better-chromecast-audio.899515/

If I am not mistaken, this will work for what you are proposing. Definitely works with DLNA, and since Audirovana on your computer handles the MQA unpacking, it looks like you just need a streaming receiver. This device will allow you to plug into your system either direct via SPDIF / TOSLINK, or analog. Setup is done via phone app.

79 bucks on Amazon.

If I am missing something please forgive.

Cheers

Mar 13, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #4 of 5
i'm not sure it's a bandwidth problem, i think it's more of my audiorvana version. i have a pretty big router and it's about 3m away from my laptop and about another 3m from the kann/receiver, the signal strength is shown as full bars across the chain.

some things that make me think so:

1) when connecting to the DNLA/KANN, on audiorvana i see the song buffer but when the progress tracker moves it doesn't not count down time
2) it seems to "get" stuck literally 1-2 seconds before the song ends, thus not kicking into the next song. if i take my mouse and literally nudge the progress tracker to the end it automatically goes into the next song.

i'm gonna try to appzap my audiorvana tonight and redownload a fresh copy and see if that helps.

I had similar problem, which turned out to be a network issue. Data stream from Audirvana was too thick for my weak Wi-Fi. After rearranging network via power lines, problem solved.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #5 of 5
well, my search lead me to find a lot of Onkyo and Pioneer "network receivers" anything from 2 to 7.1 channels, those are the only reasonably priced ones under $500 that seems to do what i want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back