looking for DIY cable/wire in Canada
Feb 18, 2006 at 4:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

omendelovitz

Member of the Trade: Purity Audio
I've already looked www.audiyo.com up as well as www.takefiveaudio.com.

I'm wondering if there are any other canadian options for things like stranded silver coated OFC copper or canare/cardas cable?

Feb 18, 2006 at 5:29 PM Post #2 of 6
As far as I know there is no Canadian online store that sells stranded Silver Plated Copper with Teflon insulation, atleast for a reasonable price... Your other option is to buy from eBay. One guy you can get SPC Teflon insulation wire from (off of eBay) is someone by the name of "navships" or something like that.

Mar 23, 2009 at 11:08 PM Post #6 of 6
Addendum to this, I know it's an old thread, but I wanted to add some info. Just found out Addison also sells Canare F12 TRS connectors, as well as silver-coated-copper teflon-insulated wires, in addition to the usual Canare wires. You can't find the F12 on the site for some reason, but it is in the store.

If only they had nylon multifilament sleeving or even heavy duty PET instead of the simple PET TechFlex they have, they'd be my one stop shop for everything I need. I wonder if they'll bring in nylon multifilament if I ask...

Didn't know they had star quad, only grabbed a 2 conductor cable, so I'll be going back to exchange it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back