Looking for desktop amp with good quality bass boost option
Jul 23, 2013 at 2:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Change is Good

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello, all. My story is I have two different setups at home, one for gaming and one for music listening. I don't have the ample space on my desk to combine the two, nor the space in my apartment to get a bigger desk. Therefore, my gaming rig resides in my entertainment section (I play on console).

My purpose for this thread is I would like to replace my M-Stage with another desktop amp that has a nice bass boost option. I have an iCAN that does this wonderfully, but would like to avoid having two iCANS for two different setups. I really do wish I could combine everything and only use the iCAN for both rigs, but as explained earlier this is not possible at this time.

So... any suggestions? It will be paired with my K702 Annies and Mad Dogs. My budget is $300... and would prefer a desktop amp... not portable.

Jul 23, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #4 of 9
Not off my PS3 I can't. And I would prefer a well constructed EQ boost built in the amp rather than just random EQ that may distort the sound.

Aug 3, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #6 of 9
I've only seen portables with bass boost. 

Aug 12, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #7 of 9
The iFi Audio iCAN is what you are looking for :cool:

I love mine. It is totally excellent and the two stage bass boost is very useful and very well implemented.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back