Looking for Demo Reel type songs: fellow fi'ers, help needed.
Dec 19, 2005 at 3:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Rhydon

MOT: Symphones
Hey guys, im doing a demo reel for a client with HD (high definition video footage) material. I have been given some of their footage shot on high definition cameras, a mix of various music videos, toronto city scape, and nature footage, and i have been hired to edit it into a quick promo for their company.

The only problem is i cant seem to find the right combination of songs to go with it. I am turning to you guys, my fellow head-fi'ers, the final frontier, to help find the best mix of music.

I have been informed that the music CAN be of copyright material, since it is being shown at a public event which is non-profit (charity).

One of the producers had given me a just of the songs he enjoyed and envisioned the demo reel along the same lines:

A3- Woke up this morning (theme song from the suprano's)- this type of song is what they're looking for. Very stylistic, quick, tight, synergistic for editing to, good mesh of rhythm and voice. This is a song they love, but due to its popularity in the suprano's, they dont want it on the demo reel. But would be open to something similar, or sharing the same "demo reel" appeal.

Nina Simone- Sinnerman: they like sinnerman, they love its style, but not quick enough for this demo reel. Just to show that older songs can be considered, but they must be bleeding with style! (like sinnerman)

Im tending to lean more towards newer, faster, songs, with minimal lyrics, or a well balance of lyrics to music. Just basically something engaging, emotional, and entertaining. Something you guys feel would sound good in a movie trailer or edited towards pictures to sell you on that company.

Help me out!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back