Looking for decent over ear, open headphones under 100
Nov 9, 2013 at 3:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Dstanic

New Head-Fier
I work as a cleaner and sometimes that means working around other people so I am looking for an open type (not insulating outside noise) and something not overly big, something comfortable since I am moving around, and foldable or collapsible that I could store it in a pocket or around my neck comfortably. Currently I'm using some cheap earphones (I also have those monoprice in ear ear buds which sound OK but I find very uncomfortable) but i think I'd be much happier with some lightweight headphones. Maybe something like the Seinheiser PX series?? I listen to a broad range of music from rock/indie to pop if that matters, I think just overall generally good sound is what I'm looking for.

Nov 10, 2013 at 5:46 AM Post #3 of 6
If you're working around others, an open can will not work unless those folks are on pins and needles to hear what you're listening to.

I don't know understand what you mean by that. I don't care if people can hear music leaking from my phones, its not like I am working in a library or something, I just want to be able to hear my surrounding and not be completely isolated.

Nov 10, 2013 at 3:26 PM Post #4 of 6
OK--but don't be surprised if some of your co-workers disagree, especially if you are in close quarters.

You should consult this excellent piece to help you select the can that you want:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/433318/shootout-108-portable-headphones-reviewed-denon-dn-hp1000-added-09-07-13

Nov 18, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #6 of 6
Thanks for your suggestions. I found a good deal on amazon for Koss Portapro KTC (with the i-buttons) for 50 which is much cheaper than the PX100s which I was considering as well. Love them so far! They are exactly what I need... Comfy, portable, well built, sound good, and the play/pause button works with my Android phone (maybe I can figure a way for the other buttons I dunno). The cord is a good length and I like the material no tangles yet. They are nice and open phones so I can hear the environment around me well, and I do like the sound of open phones as well.

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back