Looking for decent IEM's; abt 30$-60$ limit
Jan 14, 2008 at 2:35 PM Post #16 of 21
I have to change my vote. My MylarOne X3i broke. Bad build qaulity. I would now have to suggest the Ultiamte Ears Metro.fi 2's. They are not bulky like the Super.fi 3's. The sound a lot like the Mylar's, not as detailed though. $62.99 Shipped:

UE Metro.fi 2

Jan 17, 2008 at 4:33 AM Post #17 of 21
hmmm...quick question on some 'phones:

(in terms of SQ) are the Super.fi 3's a lot better than the Metro.fi 2's? is it worth it to pay just a bit more for the Super.fi 3's?

Also, do the Audio-Technica ATH-CK7's HAVE to be worn around the ear like their website shows? would it effect the SQ at all to wear them the regular way?

Jan 17, 2008 at 4:42 AM Post #18 of 21
The CK7's SQ is not affected as long as you get a good/proper seal irregardless of the way you wear them.

On that note, yes, they can be worn the 'normal' way, but I personally prefer coiling the cable over my ear, as it eliminates cable microphonics. If it helps any, I need to wear glasses to be able to see anything.

Once again, YMMV, but IMO, I really didn't like the MetroFi2s. They're pretty bloated, and lack any definition whatsoever. The entire frequency spectrum just feels shaky and loose IMO.

Jan 18, 2008 at 12:46 AM Post #21 of 21
IMO, the CK7 surpasses the SF3S from a performance standpoint.

That said, I have never heard the X3i before, but watch out for their build quality issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back