Looking for decent Earbuds
Sep 19, 2014 at 6:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

truthless

Head-Fier
Heyya guys,

I'm looking for decent but not too expensive earbuds. I'm not searching for in-ears, but more like these

I'm not too fond with the usual in-ears. I feel like they do too much pressure on my ears. So yeah my budget would be up to 30€ I guess. Could be cheaper too. I want to use them for my daily route to Uni through the train etc. So it's not really for home. I'm more the bass guy. But it shouldn't really overpower the music itself. I'm listening to rock, r&b, hip hop, trap and alternative r&b. Some slow songs too.

Hope you guys can help me out.

Sep 23, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #4 of 10
I don't like your style of phone since they fall out of my ears, but I have had good luck with
Koss KE5 Earbuds,​
. Since you are quoting Euros, my store (walmart) wont work for you.

Be sure to check what impedance your player will drive I think these are 16 ohms. Matching the impedance gives better power transfer and louder sound.

Good luck.

Sep 23, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #5 of 10
most people here don't use earbuds that's why you aren't getting much advice. they are considered to give lower sound quality compared to IEMs. and you won't get much bass. you gotta switch to headphones or IEMs if you want some real bass

http://www.amazon.com/YUIN-Yuin-PK3-Earbuds/dp/B002OGEP2M
these are pretty good though

and is there anything wrong with the apple earbuds?

Sep 24, 2014 at 6:37 AM Post #6 of 10
Thanks for the answers guys.

Oh thats good to know actually bobby. Didn't know that earbuds are inferior to IEMs. Do you know which ones are good? I might try it out. I might even go above 30€.

Nothings wrong with the apple earbuds. It's not even about them. It was just an example picture.

Sep 24, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #7 of 10
If you don't like the feel of IEMs then you probably shouldn't get them. The Yuin PK3 are some pretty good earbuds, but some people complain about durability.

The Xiaomi 2nd Piston is a popular budget IEM on headfi, and they look really nice, but I've never tried them myself. Be careful because there are fakes around.

I never really liked the comfort of IEMs when I first started, but now I've gotten used to it. Foam puts less pressure in your ears, but they rarely come in budget IEMs. Or maybe if you win the lottery you can get some custom in ear monitors and get superior sound and comfort :D

Sep 24, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #9 of 10
Or maybe if you win the lottery you can get some custom in ear monitors and get superior sound and comfort
biggrin.gif

Yeah as if :D

Sep 24, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #10 of 10
Thanks for the recommendations. But those aren't really available in any German stores or Amazon.de. I would prefer to get them from a German site.

Any other tips? :frowning2:

Sorry, no idea since we're in different countries. I would say go on amazon, seach up "earbuds", and then buy any of the 4.5 stars within your price range. Not really a big fan of earbuds since I prefer high end IEMs much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back