Looking for decent amp for senn 590's
Mar 26, 2002 at 4:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

marmul

100+ Head-Fier
Any suggestions? I have the airhead right now it it does nothing for me. I would like to hear a difference with the amp on! I don't want to limit your suggestions by indicating a price range, So what do you think is a good deal? Most bang for my buck would be appreciated.

I listen to mainly Rock, Classical and some Jazz.

I also have some Grado sr 60's that would be used occasionally.

Mar 27, 2002 at 4:21 AM Post #4 of 8
You'are not happy with airhead?? hmmm..actually airhead is quite good for driving HD590 IMO. I use TAH and it works great with HD590.

However, one draw back is that TAH can't handle massive, high current output when using batteries rather than AC adaptor.

I would suggest the Headroom's Superme for your HIFI pleasure. It works very nice with 590 and it has gain switch so you can find out the perfect configuration for your grado as well.

Or if money isn't a issue at all. ZOTL will probably get my vote. But that is becasue I've had cosmic - r already, i want to try good tube amp then.

Mar 27, 2002 at 5:34 AM Post #5 of 8
If money isn't too much of an issue, go for the max out home reference!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 27, 2002 at 12:56 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by marmul
I have the airhead right now it it does nothing for me.

I also have the TAH and HD 590 combination and I love the results. This is especially true with the newest TAH (4.5 volt version), which does a better all around job than the 3-volt version.

Mar 27, 2002 at 8:34 PM Post #8 of 8
IF you want to get hold of JMT, just search for him through the members database and pm him with information on things such as what phones you'd like to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back