Looking for decent <300$ BT IEMs
Jun 3, 2018 at 3:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Rainmaker91

100+ Head-Fier
{I have been rocking my Trinity Delta V for a couple of years now and while they are still terrific IEMs my new phone unfortunately doesn't have a jack. So far I have been running my HRT microstreamer for sound, but the options for decent USB-c to MiniUSB cables is lackluster to say the least and the experience has thus far been influenced by that.

So I hvae started looking for BT options, but my experience with BT IEMs so far has been less than stellar. While the sound quality has been quite a step down from my DAC (as expected with BT) the bigest issue has been with connecivity, with the phone having to stay way closer than practical for when on the move. I always use my IEMs for when I'm on the buss or simply reading in the library and when I need/want better sound I have my larger cans at home (as well as a decent HiFi rack). So while sound qulity is important I think BT with AptX or even better with LDAC will be more than enough for my use case as far as compression goes.

Anyone have some recomendations that would fit my usecase? I'm open for MMCX lanyards as well, but all I have tried so har have suffered form the same connectivity issues (granted they were cheap). }

I ended up looking at numerous IEMs, but it boiled down to Either the Sennheiser Momentum Wireless In-Ear and the Sony WI-1000X due to availability and features. In the end I chose the Sony as it supports LDAC and supposedly has a more neutral sound signature than the Sennheisers. I have 50 days to decide on whether or not I like them due to the store policy, so I'll see if there is any glaring faults with them.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2018 at 10:22 PM Post #2 of 5
supposedly has a more neutral sound signature than the Sennheisers.
Not really based on my listening experience with it. It has slight bias towards bass and the there is treble roll off... I find Momentum is more neutral but this is based on my personal listening experiences.

Jun 8, 2018 at 10:48 PM Post #4 of 5
Not really based on my listening experience with it. It has slight bias towards bass and the there is treble roll off... I find Momentum is more neutral but this is based on my personal listening experiences.
Check out a B&O Beoplay E8. Maybe read about it and see what you think. It might work for you..

I still have a while to decide, but so far the Sony's are good as far as sound goes. They do however have an annoying quirk with them as far as shape and fit goes, the housing of the IEMs are shaped so that they put pressure on the upper part of the opening of the ear canal. So I might look at both the E8 and the Sennheisers, hopefully I can find a place where I can try them before buying (a lot of places does not demo IEMs).

Jun 10, 2018 at 9:10 PM Post #5 of 5
I still have a while to decide, but so far the Sony's are good as far as sound goes. They do however have an annoying quirk with them as far as shape and fit goes, the housing of the IEMs are shaped so that they put pressure on the upper part of the opening of the ear canal. So I might look at both the E8 and the Sennheisers, hopefully I can find a place where I can try them before buying (a lot of places does not demo IEMs).
You are right. In term of fitting I find Sennheiser suit more people as compared to Sony because of the gigantic housing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back