Looking for DAC/MIX amp for PS4
Dec 5, 2015 at 11:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

balancebox

Head-Fier
Hi fellow head-fiers,

Wondering if you guys can help me out, I'm trying to look for a cheaper alternative to the astro mixamp pro TR ($130). What the mixamp does is takes the PS4 dolby surround 7.1 and outputs to a 3.5mm jack headphone. There is other features such as taking the mic in from headset back to PS4 but I am most interested in the surround to headphone.

I try looking at fiio but no luck, is there any other solution that can decode dolby 7.1 to headphone so I can keep using my sennehiser HD598? thanks

Dec 6, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #2 of 3
Buy a used Astro Mix-amp (eBay)?

There is also the Turtle Beach DSS, usually sells for around $20 or less, on eBay.

Dec 7, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #3 of 3
I would recommend a used mixamp pro like Purple said. I got the TR and did not have a good experience with the sound personally, and from other reviews I read people were disappointed who had the old mixamp and went to the TR saying it didn't sound right and no matter how they tried to configure it, they could not get it to sound as good as the old ones preset modes. If you're going with a mixamp I'd recommend getting a used non TR one from ebay they're usually around 75 bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back