Looking for DAC/Amp for <=$130
May 17, 2015 at 9:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

bose301s

100+ Head-Fier
Looking for a good portable DAC/Amp to use for Android, I have a OnePlus One and that would be probably be the primary source although my 160GB iPod Classic may be used just as much. This is mainly for using on a trip to Seattle for work then Italy for vacation so I want to stay relatively cheap, the $130 limit is because i see the Fiio and Sound Blaster E3 at that price and they both look to be very good quality. I am also looking closely at the Fiio E7K as that's at a much better price and the iBasso D-Zero as the small size would be quite nice. To be 100% honest though the Sound Blaster has caught my eye the most and I am just wondering if it's worth it over the E7K or if any of the listed or non listed are just that much better than the others. Thanks in advance.

May 17, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #2 of 3
http://www.fiio.net/en/products/38

Happy with mine, from a variety of sources. You'll need an OTG cable for the Android phone, but I assume you know that - the Classic will limit you to amp-only usage via a LOD (or double-amping if that's your preference). Unfortunately, I've never heard any of the other options you've listed. 

May 17, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #3 of 3
With the iPod I'd use it to amp, I'd set the iPod volume to maybe 50% and feed it to the line in on the amp and let the amp do the heavy lifting of driving the headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back