Looking for Dac/Amp combo for HD58X
Jun 26, 2019 at 2:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

shmueltz

New Head-Fier
Hi all,
Ordered my HD58X and i want to buy an amp/dac combo in under 200$.
I can't order standalone dac and amp because of high shipping costs to my country.

what are your opinions for my best pick for these headphones?(only new not used)

thanks for the help!

Jun 26, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #2 of 9
What country?
Check out the Topping DX3 Pro DAC/amp (eBay).

Jun 26, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #4 of 9
I own the hd58x and bought the Audioengine D3 for it, refurbished it was $45. No idea what it will cost you. But I'm quite happy with it and have no intent on upgrading the dac/amp.

Dragonfly Red would work good too I imagine for the smaller amp/dac sticks.

Tell us what is easily available to you and we can help you out there. These aren't too difficult to drive. There is minor difference from my D3 and 2018 iPad/Moto Z2 Force phone. How loud it gets is a big difference but sound quality is minor but noticeable difference.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2019 at 5:59 PM Post #5 of 9
Israel
I was actually considering the topping mx3 and dx3 pro.
I heard the mx3 is great but couldn't find enough reviews on the dx3 pro.
Dx3 pro from Amazon is 210$ and my top limit
What do you think about him?
Last month I bought the Topping DX7s DAC/amp and so far I like it, so i guess I like Topping brand.
The DX3 Pro is sometimes sold for around $185, on eBay, with free shipping.
Another option is to get a Xduoo XD-05, I bought one a few months back and liked the sound, drove my HD589X nicely :)
Also check out the FiiO K3 and Schiit Fulla 2, both are combo DAC/amps that sell for around $100.

Jun 26, 2019 at 7:07 PM Post #6 of 9
Hi all,
Ordered my HD58X and i want to buy an amp/dac combo in under 200$.
I can't order standalone dac and amp because of high shipping costs to my country.
what are your opinions for my best pick for these headphones?(only new not used) thanks for the help!
Are the headphones going to be used with a PC or Mac?

Jun 27, 2019 at 1:24 AM Post #8 of 9
A Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z sound card (used is fine) would be a good low cost option, more then enough power to drive the HD58X.

Jun 27, 2019 at 2:35 AM Post #9 of 9
Wouldn’t the Schiit Fulla work? It’s a combo unit.p for $99.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back