Looking for D5000's ... AGAIN!!!
Sep 18, 2012 at 4:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

twentyHz

100+ Head-Fier
I am so upset. I apologize for my upcoming rant.

2 weeks ago I ordered a like new set of D5000's from eBay. I instantly paid the guy and he said he shipped them. After a few days, my Paypal payment had not been received, and I contacted him. He said, I was gonna ship them, but the payment did not come through yet. I told him he had to accept the payment. A couple of days later, the payment was still not received. I contacted Paypal to see the problem. Paypal said all he needed to do was to confirm his email address as this was his first ever transaction through there service. They called him, my payment was received.

Today, I am off from work with a really sore back. I was excitedly anticipating the D5k's to arrive any day now, hopefully today while I am laying around with my back issue. Instead I get this email.

[size=11pt]Message from merchant: The funds are still not available to me, and therefore I haven't been able to send the item. I wish you the best of luck[/size]. I sent you a refund.

What a moron, he never sent it and has no clue how Paypal works...still. The money is held until in his account until I receive the item as it is worth more than $100. That is how they do it... to protect the buyer. I did get a refund, but did miss out on another set of D5k's that I could have purchased in the meantime. I am so pissed off. OMG. Actually, more let down. To top it off, this guy is a Professor at an Audio Engineering University. LOL!

Anyways, rant is over. I am looking for D5k's in like new condition. Amazon.com will not ship to Canada and only has returned units to sell. I was planning on doing a Markl mod as I have already purchased the Dynamat and fiberfill.

If anyone is selling or knows anyone selling, please let me know.

Aarrrgh!!!

Sep 20, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #8 of 25
I hope to find some D5000's soon before the onset of winter. Cold nights by the fireplace with the warmth of the Denons.

I would also behappy to get a D7000 if I cannot find D5000. Anyone selling D7000 or D5000?

Sep 21, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #14 of 25
What about dakmart?

http://www.dakmart.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=d5000&osCsid=nokl38qtajqej80s0bhcrb2da0&x=0&y=0

http://www.dakmart.com/p12253/DENON-AH-D7000-ULTRA-REFERENCE-OVER-EAR-HEADPHONES-W-WY/product_info.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back