Looking for crisp deep bass - $200-300 budget
Jan 8, 2015 at 7:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

tripleh3lix

Head-Fier
I have bought some Ultrasone HFi-580's a couple years back, they were good at the time. I then got some TTPods, those are nice for in ear and do the job just fine. I got some Sony 950BT's because I read some really nice reviews, they are very nice for something that's bluetooth. I'm looking for a "little more" in full sized cans, something a little more Bose sounding. At least the "promise" that is Bose,  but I know there are far better out there for much cheaper than them.

I listen to a lot of Linkin Park, Capital Cities, Thirty Seconds to Mars, Calvin Harris, Daft Punk, Imagine Dragons, Lorde, etc. If anything can be recommended for someone who likes clean heavy bass, with crisp sound. That'd be great.

P.S. My options are limited to Amazon

Jan 8, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #2 of 8
Anytime I post here, I hardly ever get more than 1 or 2 replies back. Even days later and after bumping. Can someone please help out with some recommendations in the price range? I'm thinking Beats/Bose sounding. Maybe a bit more crisp since they don't have those names attached to them.

Jan 8, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #3 of 8
Have you checked out Tyll Hertsens' website? I'll post a link below to his "Wall of Fame" where he recommends headphones that he has reviewed for different price ranges. One cool thing about his reviews is that he gives you a frequency response graph so you can get a sense for how different headphones might compare.  

Some headphones that might fit the bill are the Sennhieser Momentum or the V-Moda M100, but I haven't actually had ears-on with these options and thus can't really comment except from the data I have observed.

I chose the NAD HP50's for my closed headphones, but while they are VERY good I am not sure they would satisfy your craving for powerful bass and brighter top end.

Here is the website link:  http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/innerfidelitys-wall-fame-full-size-sealed 

The reason that most don't respond is that there is A LOT of info out there if you simply look for it.  Start by looking at the best reviewed headphones in your price range and then start checking out what makes them unique. 

Jan 8, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #4 of 8
  Anytime I post here, I hardly ever get more than 1 or 2 replies back. Even days later and after bumping. Can someone please help out with some recommendations in the price range? I'm thinking Beats/Bose sounding. Maybe a bit more crisp since they don't have those names attached to them.

#1....it's A BIG #1

Rules and stuff. Glad nobody is helping you because they would be breaking forum guidelines

Use the search button as there are active discussions going on related to your question.

Jan 8, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #5 of 8
  Have you checked out Tyll Hertsen's website? I'll post a link below to his "Wall of Fame" where he recommends headphones that he has reviewed for different price ranges.

Ones that might fit the bill are the Sennhieser Momentum or the V-Moda M100, but I haven't actually had ears-on with these headphones and thus can't really comment except from the data I have observed.

I chose the NAD HP50's for my closed headphones, but while they are VERY good I am not sure they would satisfy your craving for powerful bass and brighter top end.

Here is the website link:  http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/innerfidelitys-wall-fame-full-size-sealed 

The reason that most don't respond is that there is A LOT of info out there if you simply look for it.  Start by looking at the best reviewed headphones in your price range and then start looking at what makes them unique. 

Thanks man, I appreciate the response. Everyone has a different type of sound they're looking for, so I'm hoping to attract some that may help and something people "currently" recommend. I bought a recommendation based on a thread I made back when I got a lot of replies, and they sounded great after all the other ones I tried from the what people posted here, so thought asking was the best option in my case.

There's too many opinions to go by on those threads, and I don't understand head-fi talk just yet haha.

Jan 12, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #8 of 8
DT880 600Ohm, gmp450pro
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back