Looking for computer speakers in $200-$375ish range
Aug 12, 2014 at 2:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

whoamax

New Head-Fier
I've got a laptop and recently purchased an ODAC, and I'm just looking for some nice computer speakers to go along with it.  Been trying to search myself but seem to find so many different options that I'm not sure what to land on.  Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Aug 13, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #2 of 8
If you prefer smaller speakers, the Audioengine A2+ will do you good, if you prefer bigger speakers, the JBL LSR305 speakers are great for studio monitors. Those are the options I would recommend as they are the best I have heard for powered monitors, stay away from KRK or Yamaha. Although there are certain Yamahas that are good but I forgot the model. 

Aug 13, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #3 of 8
Thanks for the recommendations.  I've heard mixed things about the A2's, which is why I was on the fence about those.  And I haven't really looked into studio monitors too much.  Are those overall better to go with rather than more compact bookshelf speakers?

Aug 13, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #6 of 8
Focal JML XS Book

Aug 13, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #7 of 8
It all depends on room size and table size (assuming you're going to be placing them beside the monitor).

My study is about 10ft x 16ft and my table is precisely 80cm x 120cm. (pardon the inconsistent units of measurement).

I got the P4 and N22 Audioengine. Was too large. Moved them into the dining room.

I'd suggest A2+ or Aktimate Micro. They're both more than capable of passive listening in a room of the size I have outlined. 

Aug 13, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #8 of 8
  I've got a laptop and recently purchased an ODAC, and I'm just looking for some nice computer speakers to go along with it.  Been trying to search myself but seem to find so many different options that I'm not sure what to land on.  Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Monoprice 5' studio monitors ($170), they seem to be rebadged M-Audio BX5s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back